Yogurt Powder

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapDaddy70

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,
I bought some Yogurt powder from WSP a couple of months ago and have not done anything with it yet. I fell into a searching wormhole trying to figure out how to use it and saw so many different answers and a lot of the threads were pretty old. I figured I would start a new thread hoping to get some answers on what to do with it. Seems the easiest way is to just add the yogurt powder directly to the oils before adding lye solution but I also read some people saying to reconstitute it with some of the liquid in your recipe. Anybody out there work with yogurt powder?

With any powdered product it's best to add it with the oils IMO. The only reason why some people reconstitute it, is to make sure that there is no lumps or dry pockets when you cut your soap.

I add any powders like that to my oils and then stick blend the crap out of it. I will SB it 2 or 3 times while my oils are cooling. That works well for me when I use goat milk or buttermilk powder.

Doing it this way means I don't have to worry about how much water I need to deduct from my lye/water mixture.

With any powdered product it's best to add it with the oils IMO. The only reason why some people reconstitute it, is to make sure that there is no lumps or dry pockets when you cut your soap.

I add any powders like that to my oils and then stick blend the crap out of it. I will SB it 2 or 3 times while my oils are cooling. That works well for me when I use goat milk or buttermilk powder.

Doing it this way means I don't have to worry about how much water I need to deduct from my lye/water mixture.
Sounds good to me. For the usage rate, would 1 tablespoon PPO be a good place to start? Thanks for your help on this Todd.

Sounds good to me. For the usage rate, would 1 tablespoon PPO be a good place to start? Thanks for your help on this Todd.
That would be just fine. For example, if I have 2.5lbs of oils, I will use just 2 tbsp of powder. I don't mess with the extra half pound but that is just my way. If you want to 2.5 tbsp you can.

Latest posts

Back