Ylang Ylang

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know this is a love/hate smell as regards the EO. I didn't notice any reviews on the FO review charts from the companies I buy from. Has anyone who likes this smell tried FO?

Yes - it's good!
I must be a weirdo, because I LOVE Ylang Ylang and Patchouli, and I despise Lavender and Vanilla.
Not a weirdo. I HATE Lavender. On top of hating the smell, it will also trigger a migraine in me every single time.
I'm not much of a Patchouli fan, but I do like Ylang Ylang EO if it's from the right source.

Sorry @soapmaker, I've only ever used the EO, never tried the FO of ylang ylang

Bath and Body used to make a Ylang Ylang Myrrh scent that I loved so much. I bought the EO just to try to recapture that fragrance. I find it exotic without being overly "heady". I always felt sexy wearing it.

I just bought some Ylang Ylang...not sure what all the fuss is about considering the expense. I wasn't overly impressed OOB, but maybe that will change once I make some soap with it.

I'm not huge into Lavender...discovered that I am allergic to it, or at least fresh Lavender when my paper-making booth at VBS was next to a lady who had I swear, 10 tons of it. But a customer wanted a Lavender soap and so I tried several brands and found I can tolerate Lavender by Brambleberry without any side effects.

Not a fan of Patchouli on it's own. As with Lavender, it tends to make me sneeze and end up with a massive headache. I love Vanilla...especially RE's Vanilla Bean...it makes for a wonderful Lotion Bar.

Back