Ylang Ylang suggestions?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all - my niece specifically said she’d love soap with Ylang Ylang. Do you have a suggestion on one to use? I have zero experience with this one. Has anyone found a good price for this anywhere? It’s pretty pricy on BB and NS. Thanks 🌸

New Directions Aromatics has Ylang Ylang for $63-133 per lb with smaller amounts available

Liberty Natural has it available in several choices from $61.00-157.00 again several choices with smaller amounts are available. They have great customer service and will explain the differences if you call them.

New Directions Aromatics also has it available in a Fragrance Oil for $28.09 lb. which would be my choice for soap.

I honestly never used Ylang-Ylang because I Hated it with a passion.

Well, I got some Ylang Ylang EO and added some BB Lavender to make my nieces soap last Sunday. I totally freaked myself out over making the batch, since I knew it would accelerate. Silly me, I had all these plans to a hanger swirl - hahahahaa, not a chance. Was happy to get the fragrance mixed in and a bit of micas mixed in. It did pour into my molds, but it’s not going to be as pretty as I planned. Added some mica drops on top for a swirl there, so there’s something. I will say that I hope she doesn’t love it because that scent was overwhelmingly sweet and overbearing. I think I’m with you, @cmzaha, and it’s on the Hate list over here, too. I’ll post it in the photo gallery after the cut tomorrow. 🌸

Well, I got some Ylang Ylang EO and added some BB Lavender to make my nieces soap last Sunday. I totally freaked myself out over making the batch, since I knew it would accelerate. Silly me, I had all these plans to a hanger swirl - hahahahaa, not a chance. Was happy to get the fragrance mixed in and a bit of micas mixed in. It did pour into my molds, but it’s not going to be as pretty as I planned. Added some mica drops on top for a swirl there, so there’s something. I will say that I hope she doesn’t love it because that scent was overwhelmingly sweet and overbearing. I think I’m with you, @cmzaha, and it’s on the Hate list over here, too. I’ll post it in the photo gallery after the cut tomorrow. 🌸
LOL, Told you so...Hate it. :nonono::nonono:

Hi all - my niece specifically said she’d love soap with Ylang Ylang. Do you have a suggestion on one to use? I have zero experience with this one. Has anyone found a good price for this anywhere? It’s pretty pricy on BB and NS. Thanks 🌸
New direction aromatics makes a identical essential oil of Ylang Ylang. It’s beautiful and inexpensive!

Back