Yin Yang Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SO. BF is down to 1 bar of the tobacco vanille soap that I made for him, and I decided to use the remainder of the FO today to make some more for him so it would have time to cure. Silly me decided to try this technique in a pringles can and I poured simultaneously and it looked so cool and worked extremely well. Well, that was about an hour ago and I finally sat down at my computer and saw this thread, so I decided to admire the beautiful soaps that I knew mine were going to look like.

I realized that I never removed the divider from the can!!!!!!!!! I sprinted downstairs and tried to pull it out but the white had set up far too much for me to salvage it as a yin/yang. So I plopped it all back in the can and smooshed it around a bit with a chopstick and verbally berated myself in a manner that would make a sailor blush. Oh well, it will all be soap at the end of it, and it will smell darn good, but I'm really quite upset with myself that I would forget to do that after I had specifically sat down and figured out how I would accomplish it.

Very nice! With the addition of a drinking straw you might even be able to get the dot on each side too

I have been thinking about the straw thing and have decided to try doing an imbed in a couple straws, just trying to figure out if its gonna come out of the straw if I freeze it. the straws I have are heavier--I got them with my drinking lids for my canning jars--don't know if the regular straws will hold up but they might be easier to get the imbed out of. I am wondering if I need to maybe get some oil inside the straws??

I'm really not sure as I've never tried it. I was thinking more along the lines of inserting the drinking straw when you pour the main soaps, so when it hardens you are left with a hole that you could then fill with a bit of fresh soap batter

I'm really not sure as I've never tried it. I was thinking more along the lines of inserting the drinking straw when you pour the main soaps, so when it hardens you are left with a hole that you could then fill with a bit of fresh soap batter

well that is a great idea

Latest posts

Back