Yin Yang Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you have seen it. The yin yang soap made in a Pringles can or PVC pipe. I've tried it a couple of times with moderate success. So yesterday I decided to try it again. The soap in the Pringles can all leaked out, so that was exciting. But I have always wondered if this could be done in a cavity mold. Turns out it can. I just cut some strips off a dollar store cutting mat. I just thought I'd share since it is something different to do with those little bits of batter that are left over.
IMG_20190302_141946.jpg

I'm sure most of you have seen it. The yin yang soap made in a Pringles can or PVC pipe. I've tried it a couple of times with moderate success. So yesterday I decided to try it again. The soap in the Pringles can all leaked out, so that was exciting. But I have always wondered if this could be done in a cavity mold. Turns out it can. I just cut some strips off a dollar store cutting mat. I just thought I'd share since it is something different to do with those little bits of batter that are left over.View attachment 37089
That is really pretty.

That's a fantastic idea! Lovely looking soap! I got some cutting mats to play with a while back, but I think they're too thick. I'll have to check the dollar store.

I'm sure most of you have seen it. The yin yang soap made in a Pringles can or PVC pipe. I've tried it a couple of times with moderate success. So yesterday I decided to try it again. The soap in the Pringles can all leaked out, so that was exciting. But I have always wondered if this could be done in a cavity mold. Turns out it can. I just cut some strips off a dollar store cutting mat. I just thought I'd share since it is something different to do with those little bits of batter that are left over.View attachment 37089
Can I clarify for my understanding.

You poured white batter into one side of sheet-divided-mold, blue into the other, then carefully lifted the sheet-divider out? That is how it works in my mind

Thanks!

@Clarice Yes, that is correct. There are several YouTube videos if you want to watch - here is one I think it is easier to watch than try to explain how to roll the mat into the S shape.

For the individual molds, I cut strips long enough to roll them the same way as in a pringles can/pvc pipe. Cut them wide enough so you that you have something to hold onto when you are pulling them out. I hope that makes sense. I think you can see my strips were probably 1/4" or so higher than the top of the mold.

Really creative. Good job Dibbles.
If using a cavity mold, I guess you will want to use a really fluid recipe.

Te
terrific idea!

Back