yet another soap cutter question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtisanDesigns

Reaction score
I have been at this a bit over a year now. Up to this point I have been using my trusty knife to cut my soaps not so evenly. I had been giving away so it was not a big deal.. Now I am stepping it up to some wholesale to a non profit that I want to support. I need something that is fast as I have 2 other jobs. I need something that is easy to use. I will be making logs, slabs and round.
I have been looking at a bunch of different types of cutters from single to whole logs.
My favorite mold at this point is from essential depot. It is silicone and has a wire basket. I will definitely be getting a few more of these because I love CPOP and it has worked really well for me. Also love it because it is so easy to release no matter what method I use.
I noticed that essential depot has a wire cutter that is made to fit their mold also they have one that allows for a longer loaf. Have any of you used this cutter and like it or hate it? Also open to other suggestions. Cost is a problem but I am of belief if I buy good originally it saves a lot of money in long run
Thanks
Kat

I have a Tank that I've been using for years and it wasn't cheap, but it was money well spent. It got it's nickname for a reason. It really is made like a tank. I use it to cut a variety of sizes of log molds and also my round, Crystal Lite container soaps. I went with the Tank multi bar cutter because my experience had been that with a single cut, sometimes the bars came out wonky, kind of wedge shaped. With the multi bar cutter, that doesn't happen. I had made my own cutter, that worked well enough until I started to sell. When I did, I wanted my bars to be straight, and their size uniform. The Tank did the trick for me. I can't speak for any others out there, its all I've used, but I'd definitely recommend it, if finances allow.

I have a Bud Metal multi bar cutter and it can cut any size loaf or round as well. It has been the best money aside from my silicone molds. They have both made soaping so much easier. Bud is on Etsy. I had one similar to the one from For Crafts Sake but I had to cut my loafs to fit before slicing. That one my husband made and I used it for well over 2 years.

Latest posts

Back