Yet Another Queenslander

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezza001

Reaction score
Hi there,

I joined the forum a couple of days ago since I thought this might be the place to find inspiration and information.

I am so new to this whole soap-making thing that I am still reading the instructions on the "melt and pour" kit that I bought trying to get the guts up to make a start.....meanwhile my partner has been making all our washing detergent (both kitchen and laundry) for about 3 years now! (yes, I can be something of a slow learner :shock:)

I have made my own shampoo for a little while now and have decided that I want to make it even more my own by making my own liquid castile soap....but am wondering whether dove soap is sufficient enough to start with or not?

All of this is because we are working hard to live as self-sufficiently as possible - made more relevant to us since I was made redundant late last year and the budget is getting increasingly tight.

I look forward to looking around and meeting you all.

Kez

Welcome Kez, from NSW...this is a great place and the people are amazingly helpful and supportive

Welcome to the forum! I have only been making soap a couple months and I started with melt and pour then quickly moved on to cold process. The people here are wonderfully helpful and supportive!

Hi Kez,

Welcome to the forum! :grin:

I'm sorry to hear about you being made redundant and I can emphasize with the difficulties created by a tight budget. I hope you'll find answers here to help you.

Hi Kez

Great you could join us. There is a liquid soap section in here you might be interested in.

Latest posts

Back