Yet another crazy newbie!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SillyKitty

Reaction score
I'm new to soapmaking, but I've always wanted to make my own soaps/scent combinations. I'm going to try to sell soaps eventually (when I feel comfortable that I am producing good soap), but even if that doesn't work I'm definitely going to keep making it for myself!

I haven't actually made any soap yet, I'm still in the researching and learning phase (reading up on all essential info and purchasing supplies!) so I'll probably be on here asking everyone for all sorts of opinions and advice!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. I think it is wise to research and experiment with soap making for at least a year before trying to sell.:)

Welcome to the forum. I think it is wise to research and experiment with soap making for at least a year before trying to sell.:)

yeah I intend on making sure my soaps are of top quality before attempting to sell. that means experimenting on family and friends :D

Gotta love a good research team! People love when you make soap.
OOps, I forgot to say, Hello, Welcome.

Hi , welcome to the forum and to soap making. Researching and keeping good notes is a great start..

Hi , welcome to the forum and to soap making. Researching and keeping good notes is a great start..

This is good advice! I was just thinking last month about doing the same. When you are making soap for yourself...You just do it. But then, a year or so later, you think...what was it I put in that (fill in the blank soap). It was really good. I am going to start a diary. Maybe put together a binder of my recipes and what I used and what I did and what went wrong. For example, I made some shaving soap last week, cut it and put it on the dining room table instead of on the curing rack in the bedroom...today I looked at it...ARE YOU KIDDING?....DOS all over! It has got to be from the humidity, as the oils aren't rancid and I don't think I did any thing different that day.

Latest posts

Back