Yet again...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Made another batch a couple of nights ago. Cut it this morning. Lavender Mint from Island Escape in Newfoundland, Canada. An In The Pot swirl with a white pot base and violet and green accents. Seems to have come out really well. The mint is kind of overpowering the lavender though. I was hoping for more lavender. I used the old lye I have (78% pure) but adjusted it according to DeeAnna's instructions. The bars seem to have come out perfect. I did the Zap Test this morning - no zap at all. (I'm glad the old lye is working so well, cuz I have a ton of it.) Below are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_3996.JPG
    IMG_3996.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3999.JPG
    IMG_3999.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4000.JPG
    IMG_4000.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4001.JPG
    IMG_4001.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 31
Those bars are so pretty! I do find that peppermint takes over everything, unless it is proportionally quite a bit less than the second-lowest percentage of fragrance. For just a lavender-peppermint blend, for instance, I can only do 10% or less of the peppermint if I want to smell any lavender. Maybe you can mix your FO with another lavender FO or EO to bump up the lavender smell?

Back