Yesterday's Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These are the soaps I made yesterday. The first one I made was supposed to be a ITP swirl of purple, yellow, green, and a small bit of black (alkanet, annatto, spirulina, and activated charcoal). It did not work out as planned. I used amazingly grace FO in it. It smells great just looks awful.

The second soap I made, and honestly don't remember making it, is a Cinnamon Apple FO batch and I used red oxide and topped it with glitter. It overheated in the mold and all the middle bars have a crack in the top of them. I went to bed early and when I woke up at 2 am it was too late to save the bar from the crack.

Apple Cinnamon 007.jpg

Apple Cinnamon 003.jpg

Your first bar doesn't look awful. I like how it looks. Name it something catchy like "Eye of the Hurricane" or something interesting.

Great job!

Your first bar doesn't look awful. I like how it looks. Name it something catchy like "Eye of the Hurricane" or something interesting.

Great job!

I agree, the side colors are pretty-maybe a soap stamp dipped in mica for extra glitz if you aren't happy with the tops? To me, soap is soap, and if it's too pretty I'm going to want to set it out to admire and never use...so...that defeats the purpose, right?

Both soaps look good to me, especially the top round one. Looks like that one is going to cure out to be quite interesting. I like soaps that take on that type of appearance. I call it the "unintentional style" it looks rustic and sophisticated. That's what soapmaking is all about.

I love those red ones. I've got some salt bars with a crack in the top so I know what you mean, but we're too hard on ourselves about stuff like that. I love the way the red looks with the natural color as contrast.

Good job! ITP swirls are hard to master in a cylinder mold. I just poured (my first batch in a week!) of "green tea" and used my pvc mold. I did an ITP swirl too so I cant wait to cut it tomorrow! I hope it turns out, although seldom does it....the way we invisioned lol! in the freezer it goes!

Back