Yesterday's batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wearytraveler

Reaction score
I'm not one to often mess with colors but I have a few mica sample packets and I was in a brave enough mood to try a bit of a drop swirl and the attached is the result.
I'm also looking to thin out the FO samples I have and decided to try out a hodgepodge of FOs by dripping a little of each. I went through the 30+ FO samples and picked out 12 or so that, to me, played well together scent-wise.
I wasn't expecting to like the way the colors or scent turned out but I'm happy with both. The scent is a bit "involved" for lack of a better word. Dry, I pick up coconut, lavender and even a bit of sandalwood. Wet, I pick up lime, cranberry and pineapple. I know I'll never be able to duplicate the scent but it sure was a lot of fun rubbing my hands while muttering, "Bubble bubble toil and trouble" as I poured a little bit of each FO!

2017-04-08 21.20.36.jpg

I generally try to keep my tops flat and as I tried to smooth away a ridge it created another ridge and when I tried smoothing that one away... well, you know how it goes. So I just pressed down slightly all over the top of the batch with the "bowl" or rounded part of a spoon to get low peaks/valleys. All accidental, I assure you.

Love them! Specially those tops! How did you achieve that?

Latest posts

Back