Yesterday I made...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skatergirl46

Soaper on wheels
Supporting Member
Reaction score
meat soap! Wa wa wa ��. It was supposed to be a hanger swirl, but while I whisked in the colorant to part of it, the uncolored part set up on me. I tried it anyway, but as you can see the white was already lumpy. I guess this is sort of fitting, since I got the beef fat that I rendered from my son’s friend who works in a butcher shop. �� It’s scented with red apple from BB. At least it smells great.
1Zv8CN

ETA my picture didn’t post. I’ll have to work on that.

Square of beef, or salami.
attachment.php

9C0CF573-5B69-47B5-A6D2-BAAE04F172BA.jpg

Ooo, it does look like meat. But I sorta like it. I bet the meat look throws you off when you get a riff of Red Apples from it though :)

I think it looks very nice. I assume your apple fo accelerated. Oh, I have made some severely ugly meat soap and like Obsidian, Zombie gray uck

It seems so. I hadn’t used it in CP before, only HP, and I didn’t thnk about that beforehand. Lesson learned. Aside from that I’m happy with it. It was firm this morning and super easy to get out of the mold. The uncolored part came out very white so that part worked out well.

I love it! It would be really fun to tell people you made salami soap, watch them tentatively sniff, then wonder why salami smells like apples.:)

This reminded me of a food show I watched several years ago where the chef's had to create a meal that looked opposite of what it actually was. So the diners started with something that looked like decadent chocolate cream pie but was really meat with whipped mashed potatoes on top. They finished with what looked like a hot dog. The bun was sponge cake, the dog was pureed & formed raspberries, and the mayo was whipped cream. It was funny to watch them take a bite when their eyes told them one thing but their taste buds told them something completely different.

Does look like meat but in a good way. I've made nasty spam and grey zombie flesh before, those were ugly.

Obsidian, that must be a soap maker's initiation ritual...the spam and grey zombie flesh soap. I think we've all made that one. :sick: You're not really part of the club until you've made that one. :razz:

Latest posts

Back