Yes, another "How's my label?" thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpy_owl

Reaction score
But I just don't know. I love the logo, but graphic designers don't seem to understand soapers' needs.
A round logo seems kind of difficult to work with unless I switched to square tags instead of rectangular labels, in which case there may not be enough room for Name of soap, Announcement that it is soap, Scent of soap, Weight of Soap. Am I overthinking? Any thoughts from you tastemakers?

owl.jpg

I like it. It's cool and minimalist. I could see that in a hipster shop here in LA. I don't think it would look as good in square.

I love it. Could you maybe off-center the logo, so that you have room next to it for info rather than above/below it? It'd be different, but I think it could look really cool

I like it. Clean and simple. You could put the logo to the side, with the info next to it on a rectangle label.

I like it very much. I would put your circular logo to the left, and your 2 lines of info to the right of it, so the logo looks like a monogram.
Like this O======

Very sleek and stylish design. I love the name too :)

I like it! Clean lines, gives the info that you need to get across, and is unique and recognizable. Your logo looks like it would make a nice custom soap stamp, too!

I second all of the above. I would try to get a little bit of color in there though. Color helps a brand be recognizable.

I really love the way the owl looks though. I would make the owl eyes yellow. That might be just enough color to make it pop.

I agree w/everyone else, I really like the graphic. So much that normally I would not have liked the idea of adding color, but I do like Galaxy's idea of putting in a little yellow in the eyes, it would really work in that context, I think. Re the additional language, could you just put one line of text centered underneath w/the soap scent name (buyers would know it was soap from the logo) and then put all the rest (weight, ingredients, etc. on a separate label on the back?) I don't remember FDA regs making it so that you needed them all on the front. More of a pain, but prettier than having too much in a small space.

I use a round logo very similar to yours, and have my information to the side. I use a simple cigar band style with ingredients listed on the back. I think you could make it work fine, and I love your logo!

I'm in NZ, so labeling requirements are a little different to the US, but I'm sure you could still fit everything you need to with the logo to the side.
Here's an example of how I work with a round logo:

11855724_1477856509175703_7163039928976974850_n.jpg

The logo is very nice. I would put it top left or right, definitely not center.

Agreed. I really like the logo, a touch of color, like yellow eyes, would be a powerful statement while staying minimalist. I like spenny's approach, that could totally work for you.

I like Spenny's too! Very clear and pretty. I asked her to add a little yellow or gold into the eyes so we'll see. I think I'll keep it--it's clean and graphic and the owl is pretty adorable.
Thank you, everyone. Fingers crossed I can actually start selling a bit of CP.

Well It could not be accepted in Canada, we need to have two languages , but name can be in one. Then all warnings...............eh I like yours label, I really do. Grumpy Owl the logo is fantastic, i would not change a thing. It is neat and sound strong. Super logo,

Last edited:
I like it too. And I set up mine similar to Spenny's, with my oval logo. It seems to work well, and I use it for skincare products as well as soap.

Back