Quantcast

Yes, another "How's my label?" thread

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

grumpy_owl

Reaction score
But I just don't know. I love the logo, but graphic designers don't seem to understand soapers' needs.
A round logo seems kind of difficult to work with unless I switched to square tags instead of rectangular labels, in which case there may not be enough room for Name of soap, Announcement that it is soap, Scent of soap, Weight of Soap. Am I overthinking? Any thoughts from you tastemakers?

owl.jpg

TVivian

Reaction score
I like it. It's cool and minimalist. I could see that in a hipster shop here in LA. I don't think it would look as good in square.

KristaMarie

Reaction score
I love it. Could you maybe off-center the logo, so that you have room next to it for info rather than above/below it? It'd be different, but I think it could look really cool

traderbren

Reaction score
I like it. Clean and simple. You could put the logo to the side, with the info next to it on a rectangle label.

gigisiguenza

Reaction score
I like it very much. I would put your circular logo to the left, and your 2 lines of info to the right of it, so the logo looks like a monogram.
Like this O======

Very sleek and stylish design. I love the name too :)

SplendorSoaps

Reaction score
I like it! Clean lines, gives the info that you need to get across, and is unique and recognizable. Your logo looks like it would make a nice custom soap stamp, too!

galaxyMLP

SPONSOR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I second all of the above. I would try to get a little bit of color in there though. Color helps a brand be recognizable.

I really love the way the owl looks though. I would make the owl eyes yellow. That might be just enough color to make it pop.

not_ally

Reaction score
I agree w/everyone else, I really like the graphic. So much that normally I would not have liked the idea of adding color, but I do like Galaxy's idea of putting in a little yellow in the eyes, it would really work in that context, I think. Re the additional language, could you just put one line of text centered underneath w/the soap scent name (buyers would know it was soap from the logo) and then put all the rest (weight, ingredients, etc. on a separate label on the back?) I don't remember FDA regs making it so that you needed them all on the front. More of a pain, but prettier than having too much in a small space.

spenny92

Reaction score
I use a round logo very similar to yours, and have my information to the side. I use a simple cigar band style with ingredients listed on the back. I think you could make it work fine, and I love your logo!

I'm in NZ, so labeling requirements are a little different to the US, but I'm sure you could still fit everything you need to with the logo to the side.
Here's an example of how I work with a round logo:

Chay

Reaction score
The logo is very nice. I would put it top left or right, definitely not center.

jules92207

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. I really like the logo, a touch of color, like yellow eyes, would be a powerful statement while staying minimalist. I like spenny's approach, that could totally work for you.

grumpy_owl

Reaction score
I like Spenny's too! Very clear and pretty. I asked her to add a little yellow or gold into the eyes so we'll see. I think I'll keep it--it's clean and graphic and the owl is pretty adorable.
Thank you, everyone. Fingers crossed I can actually start selling a bit of CP.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love your owl. Offsetting the logo and a bit of color added to the eyes are great suggestions - then you might just be looking at perfection.

Dahila

Reaction score
Well It could not be accepted in Canada, we need to have two languages , but name can be in one. Then all warnings...............eh I like yours label, I really do. Grumpy Owl the logo is fantastic, i would not change a thing. It is neat and sound strong. Super logo,

Last edited:

sudsy_kiwi

Reaction score
I like it too. And I set up mine similar to Spenny's, with my oval logo. It seems to work well, and I use it for skincare products as well as soap.