Year old bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure there are a lot of people in the UK & EU who would be horrified by the lack of soap regulations here in the US. Pre-pandemic I couldn't even pass a Bath & Body Works in a mall without wheezing and sneezing. The detergent aisle of a grocery store is impossible for me. My eyes will water & burn, it's so awful. I've been finding more and more people in various disability communities with similar issues and it's been nice to know it's not just me.

The LUSH factory here has had A LOT of problems with the community they're in. The news even got involved (Here is a link to an article: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappen...h-smell-from-lush-cosmetics-factory-1.3453560) Also, there is a LUSH store at Queen and Spadina here in Toronto and you can smell it BLOCKS away. You can smell it in you car as you drive past. There used to be a LUSH in the Toronto Eaton's Centre [mall] and you could still smell it for YEARS after it moved out. Haven't been there since the pandemic, but I remember there was a very faint scent still lurking around the last time I was around there. It's almost as if the fragrance soaked into the rubber of the nearby escalators.

The LUSH factory here has had A LOT of problems with the community they're in. The news even got involved (Here is a link to an article: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappen...h-smell-from-lush-cosmetics-factory-1.3453560) Also, there is a LUSH store at Queen and Spadina here in Toronto and you can smell it BLOCKS away. You can smell it in you car as you drive past. There used to be a LUSH in the Toronto Eaton's Centre [mall] and you could still smell it for YEARS after it moved out. Haven't been there since the pandemic, but I remember there was a very faint scent still lurking around the last time I was around there. It's almost as if the fragrance soaked into the rubber of the nearby escalators.
I know just what you mean. Some of my acquaintances love LUSH but I can't use any of it. It's another reason I started making my own, cause I want nice things too! I just can't be slapped in the face by their contents.

Latest posts

Back