Lucky you! Both not getting pulled over and being in Sarasota!
I got pulled over once, 24 years ago. My daughter was 2 and having a seizure, literally. It was about 3 AM. I was speeding, about 35 in a 25, trying to get her to the emergency room When the cop saw my daughter he gave me a police escort to hospital. Sirens, lights,the whole shebang, about 50mph. After we got there and got settled in, the A$$hat gave me a speeding ticket! I didn't fight it, just paid my $50 and left it alone. I was going to contest it but I was 7 months pregnant and had a sono scheduled for the court date...
Every time I saw him after that he was soooo embarrassed.
Guess small town news travels faster than me.
hahaha yeahhhh ive been there...like when the cop who pulls ya over knows your mom and stuff... i swear i d rather take a $200 ticket than a call home to mom when i was 16-19yrs old lol... he still gave you a ticket!!! I would have been doing like 90 through the 25 lol... yeaaaaah....
ive always wanted a police escort somewhere (just hopefully itll be on good circumstances )
One morning we over-slept. I was pulled over speeding through a school zone trying to get my son to school before the bell rang. I was still in my night clothes; a pair of sweats and a T-shirt, no bra, no coat. And the feb. weather wasn't helping the situation :shock: The creep couldn't keep his eyes on my face, he did let me off with just a warning however.
I lived in NC about 10 years ago. I was pissed off and booking down I40/85 when I saw a cop with his lights on behind me. Looked at my speed, it was 95. I didn't think that my little cavalier would even go that fast.
I thought for sure he got me, but he passed me and pulled the guy who was in front of me.
I've mainly been pulled over for burn outs. My Bonneville has a 420 and when little Honda racers pull up to me and start that whole *wanna race* thing I can't help it!!! I can burn out like crazy! Apparently this is a big "no no" I never loose :wink: I can smoke my tires AND get to the next light before ANY Honda racer can...and my car weighs A LOT more...
I've never gotten an actual ticket, but I have been pulled over about 5 times....
I am 29 years young and knock on wood, have *never* been stopped for anything. But I am the boggest BS'er you will ever meet, I have tons of excuses in my back pocket if I ever need them.
1. Running a red light... well, the guy in back of you was tailgateing a bit and you were concerned that he might be running the light, assuming you were going to also. So, rather than hit the brakes and have him hit you, you thought it was a better judgement to safely and cautiosly run just under a red light. You'd rather get a $80 ticket than die.
2. Speeding - did you see that red suv that just passed? A minute ago, he almost ran off the road, and was swerving lanes badly.. He seemed drunk. He must have gotten nervous because he slowed down all of a sudden. I was just trying to gain some distance on him.
3. Do you keep a knife in your car? They are illegal if over a certain size (I think 4 inches) - well, if my car ever goes off a bridge into the water, the knife is to cut my seatbelt off with.
4. A burned out light - "OH!! that's what that was! Just a minute ago I thought I saw a flash, but I havne't gotten out of the car to see what it was yet."
5. When the time comes that I do face the music, get pulled over, and play stupid - I plan on using ignorance to the fullest degree. "officer... I've been driving for 12 years... but I don't know what to do. I know my car has everything... but what is it that you need, and what does it look like, and where do must people usually keep it?' hair twirling will be happening during all that babble.
6. Illegal Uturn - (I love in Florida - won't work for everyone) "I just didn't want that turtle crossing to get hit by a car, I was trying to get to him before he got hit"
well, thats off the top of my head.. I could go on forever tho.
yeeeees...and if all else fails stare the cop directly in his eyes and tell him that if you dont make it to the bathroom in the next 45 seconds he is really not going to enjoy having to peek his head inside your window (have done it before but in different words...also helps if you know there is a gas station up ahead...oooooh i was on the way to the USA gas station...)