Yea I did that lol

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanooo48

Reaction score
10000E8C-AEB0-4C8F-861A-FAA9DD5E7345.jpeg
Soooo yea I lightly tucked real seashells in these two soaps and lightly sprinkled ground apricot seed for sand effect on top of these 100% coconut oil himilayan salt bars. Superfatted of course lol. I’m obsessed with these bars and the sea salt scent from bramble berry. I couldn’t help myself with playing. They may not be practical but they are freakin adorbs!!! LOL

They are really cute :)

Btw, I just recently got warned that Himalayan pink salt tends to be extremely scratchy. I hope yours turned out ok in the feel department?

Nah I’ve been making these type bars for awhile now they are good :) just have to make sure you’re using a fine himilayan salt. And watch your amounts. And type. I feel some types I’ve gotten have almost rocks of some sort in them that do not disolve! Frightening to think of when people are ingesting it as well! But I think I’ve found one that has been working well for me so I’m sticking to it! lol I typically use them as hand soaps though. But to each their own I guess lol. They are my go to bathroom counter soaps :rolleyes: I like the soft stuff on my body lol. And the occasional scrub treatment haha.

Good to know they feel nice and look great :)

Yeah I'll have to watch out for what kinda pink I purchase when this batch runs out..

Good to know they feel nice and look great :)

Yeah I'll have to watch out for what kinda pink I purchase when this batch runs out..
I ended up purchasing mine on amazon lol. By reading endless reviews and watching out for what people were saying, and people actually test the salts but melting them down. And seeing what remains. I found it quite interesting! And worrisome since I use himilayan salt on my food as well lol! I hope you have good luck with further batches!!! ❤️

I love them. People must be in beachy moods!! I also made a beach themed cupcake soap this last weekend. It was fun...
Ahhh awesome! I wish I knew how to do the cupcakes lol. No clue how to do that frosting stuff! Lol so fancy!!! They must be amazing!

Nah I’ve been making these type bars for awhile now they are good :) just have to make sure you’re using a fine himilayan salt. And watch your amounts. And type. I feel some types I’ve gotten have almost rocks of some sort in them that do not disolve! Frightening to think of when people are ingesting it as well! But I think I’ve found one that has been working well for me so I’m sticking to it! lol I typically use them as hand soaps though. But to each their own I guess lol. They are my go to bathroom counter soaps :rolleyes: I like the soft stuff on my body lol. And the occasional scrub treatment haha.
Fine Himalayan salt can also be scratchy, from the clay that is in it. Almost 10 yrs ago, salt bars where one of my first soaps I ever made and quickly learned to not use Himalayan. My hubby and I loved them from the first batch. I actually like plain table salt which tends to make a bar that gets smooth like a river rock. Why risk Himalayan Salt, especially if selling. I don't know what percentage of salt you use but I never use less than the same amount of oils, not total batch

Latest posts

Back