Yay! Watermelon soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwahlne

Reaction score
Unmolded today...

DSCN3590.jpg

Awe!! I love this so much!! Fantastic job!! What kind of soap do you make!
Fantastic job once again....I would like to try this with MP sometime...unfortunately MP is all I have done so far....

divaxtrema said:
Awe!! I love this so much!! Fantastic job!! What kind of soap do you make!
Fantastic job once again....I would like to try this with MP sometime...unfortunately MP is all I have done so far....

This is my CP soap. I am so proud! :D

Thanks to all of you for your wonderful comments!

Soapmaker Man said:
Kristin, they look fantastic! Did you use your new TOG mold?

Thanks Paul!

I did not use the TOG mold for this one. I used another previously purchased log mold. I DID use my awesome 8-wire cutter, however, and also the TOG planer! I love them all!

I used my TOG slab mold this weekend as well, for a first attempt at re-batch. Not so sure if I like the re-batched look...maybe I did it wrong, but it just looks like poopie. I did the crock-pot method. Next time I will try boil-in-a-bag. It was only my second time using my TOG slab mold and those babies just popped right out so easily! Can't wait to try a good swirl in the slab mold, hopefully this coming weekend!

wow I love that soap! did you scent each layer different or did you scent the whole batch and just pull out the different amounts to color? Did you allow it to gel? If yes what type of color did you use to hold such a great color?

wow sorry for all the questions? I just haven't had much luck with colors. Not giving up though!

spotts71 said:
wow I love that soap!
Thanks, Spotts!

spotts71 said:
did you scent each layer different or did you scent the whole batch and just pull out the different amounts to color?
The whole thing is scented with watermelon.

spotts71 said:
Did you allow it to gel?
Yes

spotts71 said:
If yes what type of color did you use to hold such a great color?
For the pink, I used ultramarine pink with a pinch of red iron oxide. I added titanium oxide to make the white part more white, and I used green chromium oxide for the green... :)

Soap is yet to be tested, so I don't know yet if it lathers white...!

spotts71 said:
wow sorry for all the questions? I just haven't had much luck with colors. Not giving up though!
Not a problem at all! :)

hey thanks for the info--- this may be a dumb question but are are those a powder type of color? Do you add them as powders or do you mix with oo or another type of oil then mix into soap?

PixieWick said:
Fantastic !

What is gelling soap?

Gel is allowing the soap to heat up by keeping it insulated to go through a gel phase before unmolding.

Some soapers choose to not let it go through the gel phase by quickly cooling the soap while in the mold.

spotts71 said:
hey thanks for the info--- this may be a dumb question but are are those a powder type of color? Do you add them as powders or do you mix with oo or another type of oil then mix into soap?

Yes, these are powders that I purchased from WSP. I purchased the oil-soluble version, so I mix the powder with a little bit of my oils from the pot and then I add this back to the batter after mixing the lye/water into the soap.

Hope this helps!

Back