Yay! Watermelon soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dagnukem said:
wow - that looks great! I'm impressed! :D What is CP?

THANKS!

CP is the abbreviation for "Cold Process" soaping method. It is the method that does not add additional heat other than the natural reaction of combining the ingredients.

Hey lady, I just love those soaps! I'm really pressed for the sunflower seeds! I must have come back and looked 10 times!

Well thank you for the inspiration!!!
:D :D I made my own Watermelon Soaps today using MP. Much easier for me since I haven't learnt anything else yet. They don't look as nice as yours but they look like a slice of watermelon never the less....

kwahlne - how do you get the two bottom layers to stay separate and not mix? I tried this once and it ended up a mess.

Do you pour those two layers down at a thick trace and then smooth it out with a spatula?

brian0523 said:
kwahlne - how do you get the two bottom layers to stay separate and not mix? I tried this once and it ended up a mess.

Do you pour those two layers down at a thick trace and then smooth it out with a spatula?

Hi Brian,

I pour the first layer in at about medium to thick trace and jiggle the mold around to smooth it out. I let it sit for a few minutes while I'm stirring the other two colors. When I think the green bottom is thick enough, I take a spoon and dribble a small drop of white batter to see if it sinks. If no, I gently spoon this layer in and then jiggle around to smooth it out. I wait a few more minutes and do the same for the last layer.

HTH! :)

kwahlne said:
I pour the first layer in at about medium to thick trace and jiggle the mold around to smooth it out. I let it sit for a few minutes while I'm stirring the other two colors. When I think the green bottom is thick enough, I take a spoon and dribble a small drop of white batter to see if it sinks. If no, I gently spoon this layer in and then jiggle around to smooth it out. I wait a few more minutes and do the same for the last layer.

HTH! :)

That's normally what I do with all of my layered soaps also. :)

Yours are fabulous. It's an inspiration for sure!! :)

Watermelons are the best things about summer, and these soaps are a beautiful reminder. Keep up the good work!

kwahlne said:
Unmolded today...

DSCN3590.jpg

I know I'm kinda late chiming in here, but those are just too darn cute to not tell ya so! Did the pic just turn out lookin all purple(ish) or is your watermelon actually purple? I do love these soapies, they are sooo cute, purple or pink!

jadiebugs1 said:
I know I'm kinda late chiming in here, but those are just too darn cute to not tell ya so! Did the pic just turn out lookin all purple(ish) or is your watermelon actually purple? I do love these soapies, they are sooo cute, purple or pink!

Thanks, jadiebugs!

I think they look a little purpley in the picture. They are actually a kind of dark pink, really. I love them too! I will finally use one tonight! :)

Latest posts

Back