Yay, this is my first post!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleCrazyWolf

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I've been lurking around for a few months and finally worked up the nerve to join.

I've learned a lot just by lurking and wanted to thank all the posters who generously offer advice and support. I wish I could express how wonderful it is to know that there is a whole community of people who love soap as much as I do (actually, you probably all know exactly how I feel)! My awesome husband is very supportive but I've learned to recognize the glazed look in his eye!

My beautiful son was my inspiration to start handmaking the soap my family uses. My poor little dude was diagnosed with moderate eczema as an infant. It was so bad that we had to sew mittens to his pj's to keep him from scratching himself while sleeping. It didn't help that we were (first time parents) using the smelly baby washes, lotions, and laundry detergents. We cut out all that cheap, toxic nonsense but still had to slather him in Eucerin every day and be really careful about his clothing materials. But I'm happy to say that at six years old his eczema has completely disappeared. Maybe he just outgrew it but I think us being so vigilant at least helped ease his suffering. Just in case we still stick to dye/fragrance free soaps for him.

So thank you all! I'm happy to be here and hope to keep learning. There are so many things that I want to try.

Hello and welcome! Hope the weather isn't beating you too badly on that side of the US. Although, being snowed in is a great excuse to make soap!

Back