Xanthan gum or Guar in soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could try it. I'm doing 4 batches of shaving soap today to test out some additives. So make 2 small batches and have just glycerin in one and a mix of glycerin and gum in the other

I'm short on supplies right now. But I'd love to hear your thoughts on the finished soap. Thanks.

I was trying out some other additives. I don't know how good your scale is and your measuring arm, but I can just about make a 50g batch - it's on the edge of being too fiddly, but its doable. That means I can make various combinations without wasting too much

I was trying out some other additives. I don't know how good your scale is and your measuring arm, but I can just about make a 50g batch - it's on the edge of being too fiddly, but its doable. That means I can make various combinations without wasting too much

Wow, tiny batches. I only have a big crock pot. Do you cook your batches on top of the stove, double boilers? I do have scales that are 0.1g resolution.

Back