Xanthan gum or Guar in soap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

The Efficacious Gentleman

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
You could try it. I'm doing 4 batches of shaving soap today to test out some additives. So make 2 small batches and have just glycerin in one and a mix of glycerin and gum in the other

mistral

Reaction score
You could try it. I'm doing 4 batches of shaving soap today to test out some additives. So make 2 small batches and have just glycerin in one and a mix of glycerin and gum in the other
I'm short on supplies right now. But I'd love to hear your thoughts on the finished soap. Thanks.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I was trying out some other additives. I don't know how good your scale is and your measuring arm, but I can just about make a 50g batch - it's on the edge of being too fiddly, but its doable. That means I can make various combinations without wasting too much

mistral

Reaction score
I was trying out some other additives. I don't know how good your scale is and your measuring arm, but I can just about make a 50g batch - it's on the edge of being too fiddly, but its doable. That means I can make various combinations without wasting too much
Wow, tiny batches. I only have a big crock pot. Do you cook your batches on top of the stove, double boilers? I do have scales that are 0.1g resolution.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is the same. I started using lbussy's tip of putting tupperware pots in to a slow cooker full of water. Now I just use the microwave with the Tupperware instead

Latest posts