www.bulknaturaloils.com

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually order my bulk oils from Bulk Apothecary because of the reasonable shipping and 10% off code. They have 8 lbs. for $26.98.

It actually looks like they have a 15% off code right now! No minimum order for it. It's 15OFFNOW.

I usually order my bulk oils from Bulk Apothecary because of the reasonable shipping and 10% off code. They have 8 lbs. for $26.98.

It actually looks like they have a 15% off code right now! No minimum order for it. It's 15OFFNOW.

I'll check into them! Then again, I don't NEED the avocado oil right this moment, but I'm comparison shopping because I would like to have more on hand!

Anyone else every use this site though? I am curious if they are a good source as well!

Trying to make Code work now. Won't work? I'm buying 22#s Kokum. Thks,

I'm tempted...but, methinks I should use what I already have...I really, really, really like the lip balm I got from Green Soap in our swap and want to try my hand at making avocado oil balms!! I have enough coconut and cocoa butter right now, that I should just keep using what I have until I am running low. :( Why must I want want want?

Hey all. I just wanted to share an order I just placed for comparison's sake. I know alot of you hate on BA....and I've had my moments but I feel the possibility of waiting a couple extra days is worth the savings. I have never placed an order there that didn't have at LEAST a 10% off coupon...this one had 15% off. You have to do a Google search for them because the ones they advertise on their site always have a high min. order. The one I just used had no min. I believe.

The first order I placed with them came in the same week I placed it, very fast...shipped the next day and UPS got here in 3 days (that is with their cheapest shipping option, too). There was a note that something was out of stock but it was shipped to me in a couple days...no extra charges or anything like that. Not bad!

The second order had something out of stock as well and it took like 2 weeks. It was so long that I thought they forgot about me and I filed for that part of my order back thru paypal. They refunded my money the very next day and STILL shipped my item when it was back in stock. Nice surprise.

Never use the online email form, they never ever answer it. You have to email them directly with their email address. When you do, they get back to you within the day, usually hours.

So basically...the customer service is OK and the shipping is CHEAPER than anywhere else...the products are CHEAPER than anywhere else and you'll get your stuff in anywhere from a week to two weeks. Also, they always have money off coupons. Oh, and their quantities are larger (ie. 8 lbs for less $$ than BB's 7 lbs.). Overall I will stick with them even though I sometimes have stuff on back-order.

Sorry this is lengthy but I've heard so many people question them and wanted to give my thorough experiences since it's always them I seem to go back to.

Here's the order I placed tonight. I put the same oils and butters in the cart for BA, BB, WSP, and somewhere else I forgot the name of...and BA was by FAR the greater quantities and less price and cheapest shipping. I'm even getting MORE stuff at BA than I would if I placed the order anywere else so to me...it's like getting it for free!

8 lb. sweet almond oil $27.95
8 lb. coconut oil $15.89
8 lb. palm oil $13.99
7 lb. rice bran oil $16.98
12 rectangle tray silicone mold $23.95
silicone rectangle loaf $19.45

subtotal $145.19
coupon code 15OFFNOW - $21.78
shipping $23.56

total $146.97

I can buy locally at $27.00 and WSP is $27.35 free ship. Jewards was $20 plus $15 shipping.

I can buy locally at $27.00 and WSP is $27.35 free ship. Jewards was $20 plus $15 shipping.

WSSP is my go to location, but they are out of avocado presently. I have rewards with them too to use. I will just wait for it to get back in stock. I just wondered bc I hadn't seen anyone post about them before.

Wish I had a good local supplier! Lebermuth is in town, but their too expensive for a hobby maker like me, and their 1 pound rates are higher than WSSP...and they don't have as many carrier oils available.

Hey all. I just wanted to share an order I just placed for comparison's sake. I know alot of you hate on BA....and I've had my moments but I feel the possibility of waiting a couple extra days is worth the savings. I have never placed an order there that didn't have at LEAST a 10% off coupon...this one had 15% off. You have to do a Google search for them because the ones they advertise on their site always have a high min. order. The one I just used had no min. I believe.

The first order I placed with them came in the same week I placed it, very fast...shipped the next day and UPS got here in 3 days (that is with their cheapest shipping option, too). There was a note that something was out of stock but it was shipped to me in a couple days...no extra charges or anything like that. Not bad!

The second order had something out of stock as well and it took like 2 weeks. It was so long that I thought they forgot about me and I filed for that part of my order back thru paypal. They refunded my money the very next day and STILL shipped my item when it was back in stock. Nice surprise.

Never use the online email form, they never ever answer it. You have to email them directly with their email address. When you do, they get back to you within the day, usually hours.

So basically...the customer service is OK and the shipping is CHEAPER than anywhere else...the products are CHEAPER than anywhere else and you'll get your stuff in anywhere from a week to two weeks. Also, they always have money off coupons. Oh, and their quantities are larger (ie. 8 lbs for less $$ than BB's 7 lbs.). Overall I will stick with them even though I sometimes have stuff on back-order.

Sorry this is lengthy but I've heard so many people question them and wanted to give my thorough experiences since it's always them I seem to go back to.

Here's the order I placed tonight. I put the same oils and butters in the cart for BA, BB, WSP, and somewhere else I forgot the name of...and BA was by FAR the greater quantities and less price and cheapest shipping. I'm even getting MORE stuff at BA than I would if I placed the order anywere else so to me...it's like getting it for free!

8 lb. sweet almond oil $27.95
8 lb. coconut oil $15.89
8 lb. palm oil $13.99
7 lb. rice bran oil $16.98
12 rectangle tray silicone mold $23.95
silicone rectangle loaf $19.45

subtotal $145.19
coupon code 15OFFNOW - $21.78
shipping $23.56

total $146.97

Placed yesterday and it shipped today!! YAY!! I'm so excited to try new molds :)

Back