WSP sale - what are you getting?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
Like I need more FOs.

What are you getting, and what do you recommend?
I got a 2 oz of Beach House at the last sale and I really dig it OOB. I kind of want a big bottle!

While Strawberry Jam was not spectacular in CP, the scent is gorgeous in lotion. But 2 oz of FO makes a LOT of lotion!

I want to try the banana coconut flavor oil too.

I'm going to re-order the FO that got back-ordered on me during the last sale- Sun & Sand.

dixiedragon said:
and what do you recommend?

Some of my faves are:

Sugared Spruce
Happy
Midsummer's Night
Midnight Pomegranate
Green Tea & Cucumber
Mango Sorbet
Violet Bouquet
White Tea
Sun & Sand, of course

IrishLass :)

Fifty Shades is the primary one I'm after since it was OOS.

I have 16 oz of Strawberry Jam and I don't care for the smell oob. I've not used it as yet.

I think I'm going to get more True Lilac. It smells just like the real thing, and soaps like a dream. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it. Based on this thread, I might need to grab some Violet Bouqet as well!

I'm swimming in FOs so I'll be skipping this one. If I could sneak some more in:

Bamboo Lotus: fantastic for clean smelling B&B
Black Raspberry Vanilla: smells just like what i remember from Bath & Body Works (not much vanilla - very berry scented)
Black Cherry: not medicinal at all nor too sweet. It kinda reminds me of a syrup I had from an upscale Sno-Cone shop (weird, I know). Kids loved it.
Coconut Lime Verbena: another great B&BW dupe

Avoid Tonka Bean Noir. The description sounds good but misbehaves and ends up with a plastic-nothing scent.

Bamboo Lotus is a good one - very fresh and 'green' smelling
Another one I just tried and really like is Blood Orange and Goji Berry. Tart and juicy, soaped well and so far the scent is holding well.

IF I decide to order more FOs (which I most certainly do not need) I might try Caribbean Coconut or Exotic Coconut based on TVivian's coconut test. I'd love to find one I like.

I think I've narrowed it down to...
Acai Berries and Satin
Bamboo Lotus
Coco Cabana
Fifty Shades
Fresh Bamboo
Fresh Ginger Lime
Goji Berry Bliss
Iced Tea Twist
Red Hibiscus and Acai
South Pacific Waters
Seeing the suggestions here, I'll be adding a few more.
Anyone forsee any problems with my choices? I read the reviews pretty closely, but you never know...

I have 50 shades and Sea salt & driftwood on the way. I picked up true lilac, blueberry lemon verbena, butt naked and angel my last order. Just finished soaping with blueberry lemon verbena and it accelerated something fierce! I had to plop into the mold. Smells good, something about it reminds me of pez candy lol

I've narrowed it down to 10:
Almond & Honey
Apple Mango Tango
Birthday Cake
Madagascar Black Pepper
Calypso Sun
Cotton Blossom
Cranberry Fizz
Lime, Basil, Mandarin
Pomegranate & Sweet Orange
Raw Sugar & Mint

I think I have a problem

I think I've narrowed it down to...
Acai Berries and Satin
Bamboo Lotus
Coco Cabana
Fifty Shades
Fresh Bamboo
Fresh Ginger Lime
Goji Berry Bliss
Iced Tea Twist
Red Hibiscus and Acai
South Pacific Waters
Seeing the suggestions here, I'll be adding a few more.
Anyone forsee any problems with my choices? I read the reviews pretty closely, but you never know...

Their Red Hibiscus and Acai is one of my absolute favorite scents. It's a floral but not in your face, with a hint of the tart acai that blends so well. It accelerates a bit but easy to deal with. If you pick that one up, I think you'll be happy with it!

I love Caribbean Coconut and Iced Tea Twist in soap! CC cures to an almost toasted coconut scent to my nose and ITT stays pretty true to OOB scent - a nice sweet tea with lemon scent.
Like I need more FO, but hey 30% is too sweet to pass up :)

Reorders:
Grapefruit
Iced Tea Twist
Tomato

New:
Bergamot Grapefruit
Blood Orange
Dreamsicle
Fresh Picked Snap Peas
Jelly Donut
Lemongrass Sage (usually use Peak's)
Mango Cilantro
Marshmallow
Nag Champa (usually use Peak's)
Pineapple
Sweet Honeysuckle (usually use Rustic Escentuals)
Has anyone soaped with these? I know the Snap Pea got bad reviews for seizing, but it sounded too intriguing not to try!
And these are a couple of FO's that I love, but just don't need more of right now:
Amazing Style - great dupe for Philosophy's Amazing Grace
Rose Garden - smells like the roses in my garden
Are the flavor oils on sale too??
I see that the Coconut Cream got some really bad reviews, but I love it and so do my customers. The Strawberry Sorbet, Tupelo Honey, Doublemint, Vanilla, and Wild Grape flavor oils are great as well ! The ones I didn't care for were Cinnamint and Candied Lemon Drop since the scent was pretty much non-existent at the max usage rates. I also have the Mai Tai Punch from the last sale, but haven't used it yet.
If flavor oils ARE on sale, I may check these out:
Cherry Kiss
Life's a Peach
Orange Creamsicle

I may have to add a few of your suggestions to my order. And I agree with Cerelife, the Coconut Cream is my top seller in lip balm. I want to try the Iced Tea Twist and Carribean Coconut as I get a lot of customers looking for Coconut. Thank you!

Oh you people! Now I have to get some Bamboo Lotus, which I wasn't planning on til I read this thread. You enablers, you!

For those of you looking for a lilac, SplendorSoaps is right, their True Lilac is really nice, and always a good seller for me. I was just going to get the Nag Champa they were out of when I tried to order it at their last sale. And in the last sale I ordered a new one for me, Cardamom True Sugar, and while I like it, I think I may like it better blended, so I will probably look for something orangey. What do you think of a cardamom/orange blend? Or maybe cardamom and honey? I'm glad they're having another sale so soon, because with their new prices, I'll probably only order when things are on sale.

Dang. Guess I'm adding lilac to my list. I have jelly donut too.... The teen says I must or he's taking the cats and leaving. My Main Squeeze, green tea and cucumber, sugar rose cognac (I think is what its called), black pepper, and about 6 more that I can't recall before my third cup of coffee...

I'm going to re-order the FO that got back-ordered on me during the last sale- Sun & Sand.

IrishLass :)

Okay I feel guilty, because I ordered a few bottles of this during the last sale, so I probably took it all...

Going to try some new Ocean Scents:

Ocean Rain
Abalone & Sea
Sea Salt & Driftwood

Does anyone have any other suggestions for good Ocean Scents?

Cerelife, I ordered Mango Cilantro during the last sale. I haven't soaped with it yet but I like it OOB.

Soapsense and Stacyspy, I have used South Pacific Waters and I think it is a pretty good ocean scent. I am really liking it as it cures. I had a little A, but nothing unmanageable. Next time I use it I'll just plan for a simple design.

Has anyone used Cool Water or Oakmoss & Sandalwood?

I have soaped with Cool Water. I really wanted to like but I like BB's Cold Water better. Maybe my batch overheated or something but the scent is no where as nice as BB. It also discolors pink but comes back around after its been curing.

Back