WSP prices went through the roof!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is mostly for their natural fragrances that are very high priced. Prices on others went up a little but not severely. I thought so at first until I really started looking. We have to keep in mind shipping has gone up a lot in the last couple of years, and shipping is not free at WSP.

Prices look about the same as they were at the end of August. Sea Salt and Driftwood is still $40/lb.

Do you use Sea Salt and Drifwood in CP? I tried it and it had faded to almost zippo :(. I was thinking someone here said they like it.
I've had good luck with sea salt and driftwood. I don't have any bars a year old, but the salt bars I made with it were holding well the last time I checked. I'll try to remember to check them and the date they were made when I get home from CA.

Do you use Sea Salt and Drifwood in CP? I tried it and it had faded to almost zippo :(. I was thinking someone here said they like it.
Last summer (maybe June or July 2018, possibly as late as August) I made 18 bars and now down to the last two bars. Funny aside: a month ago I had 12 bars, but they've been popular at the last three shows. They still smell fantastic. I used 1 oz PPO. I made salt bars with this one too... I want to say January or February 2018, that still have good scent on them as well. I was going to DQ this one because I only have about 4-5 oz left of the FO and the FO is so stinking expensive. I'll probably use up the last of the FO for the next batch and a matching sugar scrub... and then have to decide if I'm going to continue to pay the ridiculous price. I am really hoping that BCN publishes soap info on their new listing before then. https://cart.candlesupply.com/Driftwood-Sea-Salt-NEW-for-2019-pr-21611.html
I see they have updated the scent description since I looked at it a few weeks ago, the scent description was almost identical to WSP's. Now it is quite different, and they changed the order of the name to be different than WSP too. It doesn't sound as identical as it did before.

Anyways, totally off topic. The SS&DW, and Tabac & Leather are the only two that I currently get from WSP any more, that's the only reason I mentioned that one specifically as I knew what the price was at the end of August when I last checked it.

I’ve pretty much quit using their FO’s. They have gotten too spendy compared to some suppliers even with shipping. I only order when they have a good sale. Granted they have shipping built in but they also add the 5.95 handling.

I used the Sea Salt & Driftwood at 7.2% PPO and it has almost no fragrance left. Hopefully it will magically reappear at the 2 month mark. WSP does still has a few fo's such as Nag Champa, and Tobacco Amber that I cannot go without. Now if the Amber Incense proves to stick I am not sure I will go without it either.
The 5.95 handling fee irks me too.

@cmzaha sigh. That Nag Champa. so.good. I forgot about that - probably because the last sale I stocked up so I should be good for a couple years...

It seems as though a few things have changed since Debbie sold 1/2 of the company.

Latest posts

Back