WSP fragrance oils 25% off - what is everyone stocking up on

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephswan

Reaction score
Hi All,
I got so excited when I saw WSP 25% off fragrance oils this morning as I'm still trying to figure out what my favorite scents are. What are you all stocking up on?

I have only tried green tea with lemongrass and I LOVE it.

I want to try Tonka and Vetiver; it's in my cart, but I'm waiting for their mango butter to be back in stock so that I qualify for free shipping. Hopefully that happens before the FO sale is over!
Tonka and Vetiver looks amazing! i'm going to have to add it to my list.

I might have gone a little overboard yesterday and bought 20...Excited to try all these but I think I may need to take a break on buying anymore things lol

Green Tea
Fresh Ginger Lime
White Tea
Lemon Sage Ginger
Lemon Sugar
Olive
Verbena
Baby
Bamboo Tea
Citrus Cilantro
Shea & Coconut
Black Pepper
Pistachio & Magnolia
Lemon Rose Water
Avobath
King of the North
Cannabis Santal
Blueberry Lavender & Chamomille
Lavender & Cedar Leaf

As a long time (10 years) customer of WSP, where I got FO freebies on a regular basis, IME and IMHO, only 1 out of 100 of their FOs are "keepers". Blooming Tulips is one. The fragrance is spot on. My wholesale customer offered it as a "Special Edition" every year in April. Always sold out by Mother's Day!

On the other hand, I'm testing their FO/EO BLENDS and buy them only when on sale.
Thanks for the head's up!

Tested in CP to date:
Bladderwrack - EO & FO 3386 (Special Order) :thumbs: :thumbs: (My all-time favorite fragrance!)
Pink* - EO & FO Blend (Special Order) :thumbs::thumbs: Nice Floral. Survived Rabatch. Still going strong.)
Eucalyptus Spearmint - EO & FO Blend 608 - :thumbs: (sticker!)
Verbena* - EO & FO 348 - 👎 (Faded)
Rainforest* - EO & FO 592 - :thumbs::thumbs:
Relaxation - EO & FO Blend 745 - :thumbs:
Jasmine Vanilla* - EO & FO Blend 504 - Disappointing 👎

@Zany_in_CO the Bladderwrack EO/FO blend is available from WSP in a 25lb drum for only $697.02. :eek:

Meanwhile, my cart with them is in a holding pattern. Hoping that their mango butter is back in stock tomorrow as anticipated, so I can place one order for that and the FOs, before the FO sale is over on 5/7.

As a long time (10 years) customer of WSP, where I got FO freebies on a regular basis, IME and IMHO, only 1 out of 100 of their FOs are "keepers". Blooming Tulips is one. The fragrance is spot on. My wholesale customer offered it as a "Special Edition" every year in April. Always sold out by Mother's Day!

On the other hand, I'm testing their FO/EO BLENDS and buy them only when on sale.
Thanks for the head's up!

Tested in CP to date:
Bladderwrack - EO & FO 3386 (Special Order) :thumbs: :thumbs: (My all-time favorite fragrance!)
Pink* - EO & FO Blend (Special Order) :thumbs::thumbs: Nice Floral. Survived Rabatch. Still going strong.)
Eucalyptus Spearmint - EO & FO Blend 608 - :thumbs: (sticker!)
Verbena* - EO & FO 348 - 👎 (Faded)
Rainforest* - EO & FO 592 - :thumbs::thumbs:
Relaxation - EO & FO Blend 745 - :thumbs:
Jasmine Vanilla* - EO & FO Blend 504 - Disappointing 👎

Thanks for the feedback and their scents may not be "keepers". I'm looking forward in reporting back on how the fragrances react/retain in CP soap. I seem to be more particular with scents compared to my friends, so really hoping my testers give honest feedback for my future assortment. Sad about Verbena* as I was really looking forward to that scent!

I've got seven scents in my cart now and six of them will be first time purchases.
- Eucalyptus Tea
- Lavender Woods & Honey
- Madagascar Vanilla
- Twilight Woods
- Tumbleweed & Terracotta
- Harvest Moonlight (this is one I have used before and needed more, fantastic warm Fall scent)
- Applewood Fir Needle

I'd like to find a Lemon Verbena that sticks. So far, no luck.

Lemon Verbena was the only fragrance my sister ever wanted when she could still use fragranced products. I used lemon verbena FO from a number of suppliers, and used to think they were pretty much all alike. I have a small amount left from Rustic Essentuals (before they were a WSP affiliate, so I don't know if this is still true) that I compared with Verbena FO from WSP. The RE is better. I don't know about sticking on its own since I always blend it with another lemon (usually meyer lemon). I remember Sweet Cakes Lemon Verbena was also very nice, but I've only used it in M&P. When I need it next, I think I will try the SC version again.

WSP has two Rainforest - the EO/FO blend @Zany_in_CO mentioned which I have not tried, and a FO only which I have tried and was one of the most disappointing FOs I've ever had. I honestly couldn't even smell it OOB. Maybe a little whiff when a few drops were placed on a paper towel and sniffed at very close range - it's cheap, but don't waste your money. I don't understand the good reviews that one has.

I honestly couldn't even smell it OOB. Maybe a little whiff when a few drops were placed on a paper towel and sniffed at very close range - it's cheap, but don't waste your money.
That was my reaction to most of WSP's FOs. :rolleyes:
I don't know about sticking on its own since I always blend it with another lemon (usually meyer lemon).
I do believe the key to FO longevity is combining them with an EO. I have Litsea but I don't have Meyer Lemon... I need to get me some! 😁 TY.
Sweet Cakes Lemon Verbena was also very nice, but I've only used it in M&P. When I need it next, I think I will try the SC version again.
Sweet Cakes is where I first encountered my favorite Bladderwrack as a "Natural" Blend. They stopped making it. I have to admit, the name is a bit of a turnoff so maybe that's why it didn't sell well? They used to be really popular years ago until shipping got too expensive.

That was my reaction to most of WSP's FOs. :rolleyes:

I do believe the key to FO longevity is combining them with an EO. I have Litsea but I don't have Meyer Lemon... I need to get me some! 😁 TY.
I haven't found that to be the case. Most of the FOs I have ordered from WSP are strong enough - and I do like a lot of fragrance in my soaps. Nature's Garden on the other hand...

Just to be clear, the Meyer Lemon (or any lemon I blend with verbena) is an FO, not EO. I gave up long ago trying to use Lemon EO in soap - it just fades too quickly. As for blending with Litsea or Lemongrass, I find that lemon EO still fades and I just smell the Litsea (which I love) or Lemongrass. So I just use those EOs if I want a lemon note in an EO blend, or as a stand alone fragrance.

I've got seven scents in my cart now and six of them will be first time purchases.
- Eucalyptus Tea
- Lavender Woods & Honey
- Madagascar Vanilla
- Twilight Woods
- Harvest Moonlight (this is one I have used before and needed more, fantastic warm Fall scent)
- Applewood Fir Needle
I love your selection - excited to hear if you like them!

- Eucalyptus Tea
- Lavender Woods & Honey
- Madagascar Vanilla
- Twilight Woods
- Applewood Fir Needle
I've used Lavender Woods and Honey. It has a an extremely strong lemon note that does eventually fade, but know that you'll be smelling lemons for a solid month with that one. Once it fades out and the lavender and wood are the main notes, I like it quite a bit.

The ones I have bought more than once from them are: (or would buy)
-their honey FO (used to be call honey fragrance formulator). It only díscolors slightly, behaves well and lasts.
-balsam pine (used to be a fragrance formulator too) very strong
- musk (also a former formulator for blends)
-Eucalyptus and spearmint Fo/Eo blend
-maple roasted southern peach (discolors some but lasts)
-market peach, at least a month in, still strong.

the ones I would not buy again:
-recently I tried their Banana FO, it faded a lot in cp
- their lavender Fo 91 (smells like a generic floral)
- their peppermint candy cane - faded a lot for me too
-bubble gum. (Faded) but I like it in bath bombs

Hi All,
I got so excited when I saw WSP 25% off fragrance oils this morning as I'm still trying to figure out what my favorite scents are. What are you all stocking up on?

I have only tried green tea with lemongrass and I LOVE it.
Pure Rain is my absolute favorite! Great in candles too!

I have to agree with Zany, I found very few from WSP that I considered keepers. Their Nag Champa is the best I ever found and their Tobacco Leaf and Amber are one of my favorites, which was a big seller for me along with my DB. I was given some Lime Coconut Verbena from a gal going out of business and it was also a keeper. Oh yes, Vanilla Noel I really like but usually, I mixed it.

Latest posts

Back