WSP flash sale today.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kumudini

Reaction score
Don't know if this is where I can post this, but just got an email about their site wide sale, from 3pm to 10pm today. Enjoy!

Yea.. you rock!
Was planning my first order today at lunch.. I will wait until I get home and maybe save a little, or be able to buy more .... yea.. that's the ticket!

Thanks for the heads up!

. I was just going to post this!! I ordered a huge order last night and it says on their email that if you ordered within 24 hours you get a credit for the difference.

I just signed up on their email list so I don't have the message you received, do you need a code or something from the email for this evenings sale?

Nope. Prices will be adjusted on the site.

Stuff is likely to go fast, and they might be slow to ship. That happens when they have a sale like this. But it is usually worth the delay.

Nope. Prices will be adjusted on the site.

Stuff is likely to go fast, and they might be slow to ship. That happens when they have a sale like this. But it is usually worth the delay.

Good deal! I already have what I want in my cart, it will be interesting to see if I can just update the current cart and see the discounts. :think:

Good deal! I already have what I want in my cart, it will be interesting to see if I can just update the current cart and see the discounts. :think:

That is what most of us have done in the past for sales. They always have a big one near the end of the year.

This is the notice they sent out before the sale notification.

a409b6bf-fa55-4d3d-891e-2c3db35e4c0b.png

March 31, 2016

Dear Valued Customer,

Over the past two months, I am sure you have noticed product prices changes at Wholesale Supplies Plus. Many very popular products such as cocoa butter have experienced significant price decreases. All product price changes are related to the modernization of our pricing model. Today the last of these changes are being implemented.

In the past we priced the majority of products with a “bundled price model”. This means a flat price was set based on the "average" cost for a group of products. This model worked well for many years, especially when there were few suppliers and little price competition. The challenge today is that the industry has expanded and many new vendors have priced products using a “cost based model”. Bundled pricing will never be able to competitive with a cost based model because they are two completely different philosophies.

Therefore we have moved to a cost-based pricing model. This means that all products are priced based on their own individual costs. The advantage to this model is that customers purchasing less expensive products will see significant price decreases. The disadvantage is that customers buying more expensive products will no longer have lower pricing funded by profits from less expensive products. The biggest advantage is that it gives our manufacturers added responsibility for growing the industry. Quite simply, if a manufacturer wants to sell more in our industry then they need to provide us with either “limited discounted specials” or sharpen their pencil with “lower permanent pricing”. Under a price-based model limited discounted specials and lower prices are automated to immediately become available to customers. It forces manufacturers to cut into their profits vs. the distributor. In the end we believe it will lead to much lower pricing to the customer.

I know that change is hard and adjusting prices can be difficult. While the vast majority of our product prices went down, some products did experience significant price increases.

Therefore today we will be having a 7-hour flash sale from 3pm to 10pm. This sale will give you a chance to stock up on popular ingredients at a price discount. As our manufacturers adjust to our new pricing model, I am expecting them to fund additional flash sales very soon.

Thanks for your understanding during this time of transition. I truly believe that modernizing our product price model will have long-term benefits to the industry and the customers of Wholesale Supplies Plus.

If you have questions please feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

Sincerely Yours,
Debbie May

Yeah. I read that and then went and looked... a gallon of avocado oil is now about $50 US. I think all I am ever going to be getting from them from now on is FO's

I got some Milky Way molds and a bunch of FO's....oils are so much cheaper from Soaper's Choice...to me, I think that's going to be all I ever purchase from them in the future...

The sale is a bit of voodoo. I had the cart already filled when I caught this thread. All of the items in my cart changed price but for every item that went down something else went up. It was a wash for me, the end result was effectively the same price.

Still appreciate the heads up though kumudini!

Check out the price for BTMS 29.12 on sale for a pound. The Sage sell for approx 19.00 with shipping. They are becoming highway robbery in my opinion. But then they were never on the top of my list as suppliers. White Grapefruit EO $80 per lb on sale, NDA $38 per lb for white grapefruit, and I guarantee shipping will not take up the price to $80. Please check prices everyone

Yeah it was worth looking for goodies, but didn't find good prices for what I wanted. I found the eo's outrageous - even BB had better prices, and I love their fir, spearmint, peppermint for soaping.

The coconut oil tempted me, but didn't want to make UPS carry 28 lbs of it.
Amazon has a gallon of Snappy for 19.95, free shipping for just a bit more than this sale

When I was in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago, I stopped at Arizona Soap Supply for the first time. Very nice people and very helpful. I was late to a lunch date because they were so friendly! One of things they told me is they recently got a contract with Crafter's Choice to sell their FO's. He said he's disgusted with WSP's prices and assured me they'll sell the same ones significantly less expensive. They don't have any up on their website so I guess they haven't gotten them in stock yet. If they're able to get my favorites and I save money, they'll be my Crafter's Choice FO go-to.

I'm confused by WSP's new pricing tactics. With sales so often, I'm sure most people will only buy during sales, and not in between (me, for one), so why not just have lower every day prices? When a business does something like this, I always feel like I"m being bamboozled somehow.

I'm back to add this, because I've been sitting here thinking about my frustration with WSP, and others who seem to shoot themselves in the foot with certain business practices. It made me think about Soaper's Choice (Columbus Foods) and why they are so popular year after year, and why I can't remember the last time I heard a negative comment about them. They're consistent. And reliable. They ship really fast. They don't have sales, as far as I'm aware...they just have good prices all the time. So even for people who live on either coast and have to have those 50lb. pails of oils shipped to us, they're still cheaper than anyone around. Even Amazon, with Prime! So while I hate those shipping charges, I know I'm still getting a good deal, and this makes for warm, fuzzy feelings toward Soaper's Choice. When you run a business like this, word gets around. I know I frequently hear them recommended here. Why oh why don't more businesses take a lesson from them? If I were WSP, I'd be lurking in soap forums and listening carefully to what people are saying. OK, rant over. I feel better now. :-D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back