• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WSP - Bladderwrack EO/FO - co-op buy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this thread is 3 years old, i will need to run numbers again for accuracy. I may move a touch slow but that is due to the new clients i just scored

Which thread am I missing? Thought I replied correctly?
This thread is for Canada soapers only - she cannot ship to the US due to expense.

I don't know that anyone started a US buy thread for bladderwrack, but you are welcome to do so if you'd like to be the organizer.

This thread is for Canada soapers only - she cannot ship to the US due to expense.

I don't know that anyone started a US buy thread for bladderwrack, but you are welcome to do so if you'd like to be the organizer.
Oh alright my apologies!

Oh alright my apologies!

@AAShillito You are actually on the right thread for the US Co-Op buy. This is by @debbism. There is one that I created for Canadian Soapers and we still have about 14lbs to go. My bad, I initially thought you posted on the Canadian group buy but you are on the right thread.

@AliOop My bad! I didn’t check the thread title before replying her but it’s all good now:)

Just thought I'd let you know that AFI carries the Bladderwrack FO by Crafter's Choice. Go to afi-usa.com and you can do a search for it. They have a 10 pound minimum, but price/pound is only $19.20. If you order 25 lbs, it's only $16.20. I really have no idea whether it is exactly the same oil or not, but it does say "by Crafter's Choice". Maybe it's possible to get a sample? I'd call them and see. I'd be interested in a pound.

AFI Bladderwrack (Soapers Choice is indeed available @ $16.20/lb (25 lbs)
25 lbs X 16.20 = $405

WSP Bladderwrack is on sale today @ about 10% off.

ETA: From AFI Site:
PRICE QUOTED IS PER POUND - SHIPPING IS NOT INCLUDED Click price button below to add item and amount to cart

*You are limited to 6 free samples per order

Last edited:
25 lbs X 16.20 = $405

PRICE QUOTED IS PER POUND - SHIPPING IS NOT INCLUDED Click price button below to add item and amount to cart

At WSP, sale is 5%. AFI will not be the same. They are good at cloning FOs but I have issues with their FOs changing over time. I have some from a supplier that turned slightly sour and I am sure they won’t use 41% EO.

Thanks though:)

I am deciding whether to splurge or not. It will take all my pin money and wipe out my hobby budget for the year but because WSP is quality, my girls might just inherit the FO:p

@Saponificarian Good to know! I had no idea. :oops:

I am deciding whether to splurge or not.

If t'were me, I would do a 10-lb. 'PRE-BUY and see how many Canadians are willing to go in on it and collect the $$$ ahead of time. Then wait for a sale, According to my files, I purchased their EO/FOs at 25% off on July 9 and November 11 in 2020.
Just a thought. ;)

25 lbs X 16.20 = $405

I finally got around to getting some samples from AFI. Hopefully they will be here in a reasonable time frame and I can see what the Bladderwrack excitement is.

I finally got around to getting some samples from AFI. Hopefully they will be here in a reasonable time frame and I can see what the Bladderwrack excitement is.
Received my 4 1oz samples of bladderwrack and 2 1oz of orange chili in bigger bottles. Thought that was pretty neat. Just got it so no time to sniff yet.

Attachments

• 20210903_144445.jpg
    20210903_144445.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 6
Even though I am really not soaping now I would still take a bottle, no more than a lb if someone puts together a buy. I am not willing to organize the buy. I might start soaping again when I get moved next year.

Back