• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WSP - Bladderwrack EO/FO - co-op buy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbism

Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. All parties enter into transactions at their own will/risk.

WSP no longer sells this blend in smaller quantities and I miss it so very much that I'm willing to spearhead a co-op purchase for a 10lb drum.

I'd only need one pound for now so the other 9lbs would be available.

Is there anyone who misses this scent and wants to jump in on this?

For those who are interested in getting in on the co-op, I wanted to break it down price-wise so that everyone understands what is involved here.

A 10lb drum of this blend is $315 plus a $5 handling fee for a total of $321.00.

For a 16oz bottle:
$32.10 - oil
$ 3.92 - glass bottle $36.02 - subtotal
PLUS shipping

(checking with WSP to see if it can be packed in other material for shipping to save on cost and then I can price out the alternate bottles)

The next part is tricky.....shipping (this is for US ONLY - I am unsure if this can be shipped internationally) - this will depend on your location - average ground shipping is $15-$18. From what I understand, this should be shipped via ground due to the flash point being below 200 - if I am wrong, (and I could be) I can then ship it via priority mail and shipping would then drop to $7.20 for US shipping....crossing fingers that I can....so much easier to do USPS

Once everyone is together, then we can coordinate paypal of funds to cover the costs.

Feel free to PM me but also be sure to put in your reply on this thread so others also know how the progress in interest is coming along. I really hope I can rally enough people here - I love this scent!!

For those who want more info or to read people's reviews on Bladderwrack EO/FO blend, it can be found here: http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/products/3386.aspx

I did check USPS ground which averages 12 bucks.....I may be able to utilize my corporate Fedex and get ground shipping down to 10 bucks.....so hopefully shipping won't stand in our way!!!

If you have empty used bottles why don't you use them to save some on cost. If you ask at the post office you will probably initially get grief since many of the workers do not know how to ship fo's. The flash point puts it in the ground requirement

I can't possibly allow myself a pound of un-sniffed-by-me FO. But I'm pulling for you debbism, cuz I'm a sucker for grapefruit and that blend sounds lovely. Plus % vanillan is another draw. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
My zero key sticks! So I missed typing it but I sure didn't miss it on the fact sheet. Does it accelerate?

I was wondering why WSP discontinued it in regular market... then I noticed the name again. Maybe there's a simple fix! In fact, I suspect many discontinued fragrances are simply renamed to ditch their stigma. Have you ruled out the possibility it's still on the roster?

Sales were low probably due to the name so it is only special order. As far as my own experience, I have never had any problem with acceleration.

I'm game! I figure if a soaper is willing to go to this much trouble to get an FO it must be great! You may want to look into the USPS regional boxes.

https://www.stamps.com/usps/priority-mail-regional-rate-box/

Probably won't help me much - I'm in Alabama - but it might benefit people closer to you.
Problem is, unless she is willing to take the risk regional boxes still go air, but are usually much less expensive. I am, for one, that takes the chance, wraps them well does postage online and drops them in the bin.

When I was sending some FOs, I checked at the post office. She said it is fine, just make sure it is sealed so that it does not leak. The largest single quantity I sent was 8 ounces, but there were a lot of small 'tester' size in the same box. I sent them priority mail with no issues. I'd check with your local post office to know for sure that they will send them.

When I was sending some FOs, I checked at the post office. She said it is fine, just make sure it is sealed so that it does not leak. The largest single quantity I sent was 8 ounces, but there were a lot of small 'tester' size in the same box. I sent them priority mail with no issues. I'd check with your local post office to know for sure that they will send them.
My post office will give all kinds of grief, plus you have to check mark that your box contains no hazardous materials. Sending my mail all depends on flashpoint, only 200º F can go air and any flat rate, priority etc go by air. While I am not an expert on shipping I did spend a lot of time talking to the post office when we were shipping a large quantity of products.

My post office will give all kinds of grief, plus you have to check mark that your box contains no hazardous materials. Sending my mail all depends on flashpoint, only 200º F can go air and any flat rate, priority etc go by air. While I am not an expert on shipping I did spend a lot of time talking to the post office when we were shipping a large quantity of products.

Which is exactly why I suggested checking with the local post office. I told the postal clerk what I was planning to send, and she didn't bat an eye. She only told me to be sure it wouldn't leak.

I just don't get how ground is more expensive than air? I would just assume ground we be default and you'd be paying extra for air? So weird. I'm with Cmzhaha - I think I'd just take my chances!

I just don't get how ground is more expensive than air? I would just assume ground we be default and you'd be paying extra for air? So weird. I'm with Cmzhaha - I think I'd just take my chances!
I guess ground requires more hands on than priority. I was appalled when I tried to mail an eight oz bottle of fo in a little box and do it right. They quoted me $13.00 and I told them never mind, so I packaged it well and used a padded envelope. Sure some of you remember my packaging during my DB sale.

I was able to score a shipping solution.....ground shipping for the same price as priority mail - $7.20 Problem solved. As for the bottles, I really need to be safe for FO/EOs and the plastic bottles just don't fit the bill. I did, however, manage to get the cost down to 2 bucks for the preferred glass bottle that I KNOW won't leak...I have had leakage issues with companies that ship FOs in plastic bottles as well as degraded plastic and puckering and I really do not want to risk it since this EO/FO blend is not cheap.

So.....

32.10 - 16oz oil
2.00 - bottle
7.20 - INSURED ground shipping
41.30 total per pound of oil

And that's it!

I would love to know how you came up with ground for the same price, I never could

Putting it through a corporate bulk account. Boss is putting up the difference if any. She misses the fragrance oil desperately too and is doing me a solid. She'll get some free soap out of it!

Anyone in the US interested in organizing this group buy, I could potentially take 10lbs or Canadian Soapers interested in going in on this for a minimum of 1lb each?

Back