WSP All Natural Colorants

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Overview of 36 Natural Colorants: Clays, Spices & Botanicals.
Instructions: Add powder to the batch at 1 teaspoon - 1 tablespoon PPO or to your preference.
Click on each picture to see CP/HP & M&P SOAP results at first made and 3-Week Fade.
TIPS: To make them less scratchy, add to lye water and strain before adding to oils.
Option: Infuse into oil and strain before adding to batch.

WSP ALL NATURAL COLORANTS

Last edited:
Added quite a few to my wishlist! Thanks for the link. I do love when I use natural ingredients to color my soaps...🧐😍

@KimW Awww, sweet!

Thanks.gif

I'm not seeing any photos of CP soap results, just MP. Am I missing them?
Oh, Marylou, you are SO correct! Thanks for the head's up!

My bad. I didn't have my 2nd cup of coffee this morning before posting. :oops:

That's rather disappointing actually. I just edited my original post to delete that part.
Bummer.gif

They all say they are not CP stable too
I think that just means the color will morph in CP. :)

I just looked at the Q & A for Alfalfa Powder. Someone used it to color CP. It came out a pretty green but a month later it was yellow. Speaking from my experience, this is typical of botanicals used to color CP.

I just looked at the Q & A for Alfalfa Powder. Someone used it to color CP. It came out a pretty green but a month later it was yellow. Speaking from my experience, this is typical of botanicals used to color CP.
Yes, I’ve seen some examples of this as well! I’ve had good luck with turmeric and orange peel powder for orange, and matcha powder for green.

When I used alfalfa powder in soap it was as if I had not added any colorant at all.

Overview of 36 Natural Colorants: Clays, Spices & Botanicals.
Instructions: Add powder to the batch at 1 teaspoon - 1 tablespoon PPO or to your preference.
Click on each picture to see CP/HP & M&P SOAP results at first made and 3-Week Fade.
TIPS: To make them less scratchy, add to lye water and strain before adding to oils.
Option: Infuse into oil and strain before adding to batch.

WSP ALL NATURAL COLORANTS
I love Sandalwood powder! It is purported for medicinal and spiritual benefits! Thank you for sharing this

Latest posts

Back