WSP Acquires Rustic & Elements

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it's worth, I will add here that I've only ever ordered from WSP and RE since the acquisition. I've ordered from WSP once and RE twice. Both RE orders were out the door in a day or two; WSP, as is apparently notorious, was much slower.

Obviously everyone's individual mileage may vary, but I would personally not assume that these acquisitions will, necessarily, mean that Elements and RE will ship on the same (slow) timeline as WSP.

(That said, my first RE order DID have a customer service issue: my shea butter was out of stock and not shipped. My box invoice said they would be refunding me but when I called to verify, they had no notes on my order about a refund or out of stock product & no refund was pending. They were able to immediately send out a replacement product at no cost. So I'm a bit leery of RE for this reason...)

For what it's worth, I will add here that I've only ever ordered from WSP and RE since the acquisition. I've ordered from WSP once and RE twice. Both RE orders were out the door in a day or two; WSP, as is apparently notorious, was much slower.
When a newbie orders from WSP, their estimated date of retirement from soaping must be taken into account.🤣

Obviously everyone's individual mileage may vary, but I would personally not assume that these acquisitions will, necessarily, mean that Elements and RE will ship on the same (slow) timeline as WSP.

(That said, my first RE order DID have a customer service issue: my shea butter was out of stock and not shipped. My box invoice said they would be refunding me but when I called to verify, they had no notes on my order about a refund or out of stock product & no refund was pending. They were able to immediately send out a replacement product at no cost. So I'm a bit leery of RE for this reason...)
I had that exact customer service issue recently, but with WSP. Except the item was not out of stock. I emailed them to say that my item didn't ship and that there was a stamp on the packing slip that said the item was out of stock and I'd be refunded, but there was no refund and the item was not out of stock (according to the website). A few days after I sent the email, a refund suddenly appeared on my account but I never got a reply to my email. I'd rather they ship my item separately, but no.

RE and WSP ship from the same warehouse now. What were the packer's initials on your packing slip? Was it AB by some coincidence?

I also bought some candle jars from RE that were very poorly padded in the box, and one arrived broken. I am not using the rest of that case of jars for candles now because once glass has been shocked that way it's more likely to shatter in use. I'm not risking it. They did give me a refund after I filed a claim with UPS (who didn't even deliver it to the correct address, I had to go find it after I got the delivery notification). The box, when I did find it, was on its side so it was a group effort between RE and UPS to sabotage that shipment, it felt like.

RE and WSP ship from the same warehouse now. What were the packer's initials on your packing slip? Was it AB by some coincidence?

No idea. I bought the supplies at Christmas and received them in early January. But your experience on in stock online / reportedly out of stock based on the invoice matches my experience. I checked before I called...

This is basically why I am leery of them but they have some good prices and a few unique things I want to try (Stainless Steel fragrance oil on RE sounds wonderful!)

When a newbie orders from WSP, their estimated date of retirement from soaping must be taken into account.🤣
Smack Laugh.gif
I laughed so hard when I read that I almost fell off my rocking chair!

Since they have now also bought MYOB, those shipping times have plummeted as well. Which is extra annoying as they were one of my very favorites.
What is MYOB?

More history:
https://mergr.com/incline-equity-partners-acquires-wholesale-supplies-plushttps://www.smartbusinessdealmakers.com/articles/topic/deb-may-wholesale-supplies-plus-exit/https://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/aboutus.aspxNotice this statement:

2019Wholesale Supplies Plus consolidates Crafter’s Choice Brands, Handmade Studio, Handmade Stores, and Naturally Smart Labs. This initiative will assist in streamlining operations as well as improving service and the overall customer experience.

That made me chuckle in light of all the recent reports!

ACTUALLY, WSP is not buying these companies. Incline Equity is.

https://inclineequity.com/our-portfolio/They are acquiring a diverse portfolio, including transportation, delivery (in Texas), orthotics, healthcare supply, horticulture, lawn & garden, power (maintenance of power supply systems), accounting services, software, concrete prep & cleaning, real estate appraisal & assessment, laundry services, a variety of manufacturing from playground & leisure equipment to home hardware products to conveyor belts to industrial production of ball bearings & related products for North American industries to lab equipment sold around the world, including analytical applications for anything from water to oil to hazardous waste, repair services, EUV batteries, laboratories & certification processes, inspection & certification services to fuel industries, packaging related production, Cold Storage, dance wear, wine distribution, food industry supply to major grocery store chains in NE United States, Energy company (in NY state), even a waste disposal company in SE United States .........

I don't know what to make of all of this, but looking at all (and I actually haven't looked at all of their acquisitions yet) but it looks to me like they are building an empire that will eventually be able to run and sustain a country.

I sure hope their intentions are good.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Make Your Own Buzz

Edit: Brief Look About MakeYourOwn Business and Products
I did order with them in Feb and my order was shipped 3 days later ... not two weeks. So it seems they may be owned by WSP, but so far they are keeping with their quick shipping. Sadly, this shipment was lost by FedEx during the big winter storm that hit in their area.
That is disturbing in light of all else related to Incline Equity's acquisition of WSP and WSP's declining customer service.

I don't order often from chemistry connection, but have a couple of times. I don't really want to find a new source the next time I need those products.

That is disturbing in light of all else related to Incline Equity's acquisition of WSP and WSP's declining customer service.

I don't order often from chemistry connection, but have a couple of times. I don't really want to find a new source the next time I need those products.

I agree. I have been using myob for a long time. They have good prices, service has always been great and they generally have most of what I need. Between myob and lotion crafters I've been able to get most of what I need with wsp filling in for the rest.

I ordered from RE recently and my order was shipped within 2 days. I was hoping for the free shipping, but did not get it. WSP took about 2 weeks and they sent me 1 of something I should have had 12 of. I simply filled out the contact us form, had a response within 3-5 days or so and my missing items were shipped immediately.

I recently ordered some polysorbate 80 from MYOB. Actually it was weeks ago. I have not received it yet, but I did receive an apology email yesterday from them that it had not been shipped. Their website is now saying 14-16 days to deliver, but it has been longer than that since I ordered, I believe. I will have to look that up. You also need to realize that I live close to them, so their so-called shipping delays do not hold water with me. I should have received it long ago.

That is sad news. MYOB, Chemistry Connection, and SaveOnCitric were all owned by a single, small, family business. Their prices were the best and their shopping times were decent. I sure hope that this buyout doesn’t change things.
I'll second that one in a heartbeat! So sad to read all this!!!!

Back