wrapping soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spice

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wrap my soap in saran wrap, they are air tight. Does soap need to breathe? I have some soap that turned a different color. I am not sure what to call it. And I was wondering if its because of it being wrapped or maybe Sun? When am at street fairs I try my best to stay out of the sun, sometimes that not possible. The picture is of two soaps, the white is cp and the yellow is hp, same eo - eucalyptus. The yellow one show where my square label was. :???: Any ideas would be great because I seem to be having this issue with my other soaps too.
Eucalyptus Picture 4.jpg

The Sun does discolor soaps especially if wrapped in see-thru packaging. The tell tale sign is the how you can see where the label was. It does not really hurt the soap and I have never had a customer complain. I know when they unwrap some of the soaps they will see a color difference under where the label was

I got the best advice for packaging my soap from the following video, I found it so helpful.

The best is the last one he does...

Check it out.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vYtu_pKBgng[/ame]

Latest posts

Back