wrapping round soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am going to go with the white filters. I like them better and it works with our farm name better. I know my labels will be blue so that will look good. Still have to have logo done for both the farm and the soap. Hate that I have to wait till bills are paid but oh well. I am having it done professional so it needs to wait at least 2 weeks. We had to buy a big freezer two weeks ago. That helped drain the account some LOL but we really needed it. At least I will not be buying beef or pork for rest of the year now and probably way into next too.

Plus now maybe you could fit a few batches of soap in there too *for non gelling purposes* ~lol

Here are some roundies I made for my friend's wedding. I put the ingredient label on the back.

label for favors.jpg

favors.jpg

Anyone found a source for different colored coffee filters or precut round colored tissue?

You can colour the coffee filters yourself using water colours. Dip the filters into the coloured water and then hang on a string to dry. Just make sure you have something absorbent underneath to catch the drips.... If you want a tye-dyed look then mix up some very watery, or stronger if you prefer water colours and then with an artists brush just play. If you have kids this can be a great family project.

You can colour the coffee filters yourself using water colours. Dip the filters into the coloured water and then hang on a string to dry. Just make sure you have something absorbent underneath to catch the drips.... If you want a tye-dyed look then mix up some very watery, or stronger if you prefer water colours and then with an artists brush just play. If you have kids this can be a great family project.

Thanks, I see a lot of people doing that but I have zero interest in dying the filters. Hopefully, someone has seen a source for already dyed filters or round tissue paper.

Tissue paper is going to stick to your soaps 9 out if 10 times....

THESE are dry waxed and work really well. They won't stick to your soap and look wonderful....

Last edited:
Tissue paper is going to stick to your soaps 9 out if 10 times....

THESE are dry waxed and work really well. They won't stick to your soap and look wonderful....

Hmmm, i was afraid of that. Thanks for the heads up. Can you list the weblink again, when I click on "THESE" in your post, it sends me to a "page not found". Thank you again.

Sorry -

Okay go to www.papermart.com then click on Food on the left side and then on Food Papers and then go to Food Wrap & Liners.

There are a large choice of dry waxed papers and tissues there that will work really well....

I have not seen any colored coffee filters but you can get white ones and also brown unbleached ones. Both are good. I like the brown ones for the more rustic soaps. however if I have a pretty soap I prefer to shrink wrap them.

I double them, and just fold over a small section at a time working around in a circle, then stick a label on that. pretty easy and when it's done no one would even think it's a coffee filter.

Back