Wrapping after glycerin dew ok?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltydog

Reaction score
I only left my soaps out for a day, and some formed dew already!
This hasn't happened to me before, but it's been humid and raining and I had them (stupidly) under my air conditioner where outside air could come in.
Will they be ok if I just wipe them off and wrap in Saran??

I've done that - but I always dust them with a tiny bit of arrowroot powder before shrink wrapping them.

The powder doesn't really show up, it absorbs any last little bit if "slickness" and it makes it a lot easier to slide them down into the bag :wink:

Do you always shrink-wrap? I feel like they would last forever in there, but
I go between that and Saran. The only reason being I don't like that you can't smell the soap in the shrink.

saltydog said:
Do you always shrink-wrap? I feel like they would last forever in there, but
I go between that and Saran. The only reason being I don't like that you can't smell the soap in the shrink.
Just so you know there is smell through shrink wrap.

I tend to 'rinse' mine off if they get dewey & then allow them to dry completely. Then I mist them heavy w/ alcohol, it smothes the surface as it evaporates.

Tabitha said:
I tend to 'rinse' mine off if they get dewey & then allow them to dry completely. Then I mist them heavy w/ alcohol, it smothes the surface as it evaporates.

Oh, wow, that's cool, didn't know that..thanks!

Latest posts

Back