Wow It worked!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I separated out from the batch oils the same amount of oil as the fragrance. (This would be the liquid at room temp oils.) I heated the oil in the microwave to 100 degrees and mixed in my room temperature fragrance. Probably about 10 minutes passed before I was ready for the fragrance. I poured the fragrance while I smoothly whisked it into the batter, and it came together perfectly!
:thumbs::thumbs: I do this same thing only with castor oil (from the recipe) either an hour before or overnight and add it to the warmed oils before adding the lye solution. Adding it to the oils helps me to remember to add it. 🥴 I've never had a problem with ricing.

I know! I would have given up on this one if I could have! Why is it that the most difficult fragrances are always the ones everyone wants? Good Luck! Let us know how it works for you! 💖

Zany...that sounds great! I've never added fragrance to the oils before the lye solution because I'm afraid of surprises due to wicked acceleration particularly when I need to use color. I love that it works and I'm definitely going to try it! Thank you! 💖

Last edited:
I've been doing this same method basically for several months. The exception is that I add the FO to the oils after they're melted and waiting for the lye solution. Then SB mix to trace and all is good. A little faster trace is some aspects, no loss of fragrance, no ricing at all, no messing around with a MW oven or extra containers either.
Easy Peasy... Lemon Squeezy!

Back