would you use this soap? or is it just for looks?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mommy

Reaction score
I'm trying to make pretty bars that aren't too ornamental for a regular person to actually use. Would you use this if you weren't a soap officionado?

5709252_orig.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. For those who make embed-top soap (cherries, balls, berries etc)- do you find that people use it?

I'd use it in a heartbeat......just as long as the roses are made of soap, that is.

I don't sell, but I gift my soap to family and friends, and I have only one friend among them that has trouble using my prettified soap. Everyone else uses my soap just fine because it makes them feel so special and pampered to use something so pretty, but she feels so guilty using something so pretty. lol

I keep telling her that I have a hard time making plain soap, which is true because I don't gain a lot of creative enjoyment from making plain soap as I do when I make pretty soap. Not that I have anything against plain soap, mind you, but being able to make something pretty and practical is one of the things I absolutely love about soaping. It's a huge creative outlet for the artist in me. I tell her that she needs to use it because if she doesn't, I won't I won't be able to have the pleasure of making her more to replace what she has used.

By the way- your soap is absolutely gorgeous! :)

IrishLass :)

Yes I would use it and it would make me feel special every time! I have friends that used to feel bad using my "pretty soaps" but as soon as they realized I'd always make more, they have no problem using it! :) that soap is so beautiful!

Your soap is beautiful, and yes, I would use it. But, a lot of the people I know would have a hard time doing so. If they had a lot of pretty soaps, yes they probably would. If they had only one, they would probably keep it for looks.

It's beautiful! I would definitely use it, but I can see how a customer might say that it's "too pretty to use." Sometimes the customers just don't understand that we'll gladly make more!

I would totally use it, and be excited about doing so, the prettier the more luxurious for me. I do have friends that are reluctant to use the pretty soaps, they just keep them around as decorations and air fresheners until I go around and rain fire on their heads ("it is free! I will make you more, as much as you want for the rest of your life, dash gum it!") :) Honestly, sometimes I just use it in their bathroooms so that they can just get over the hump.

Eta, the soap is beautiful and the picture is as well. I wish I could take a photo like that. Also, I am kind of with Spenny and Obsidian on really oddly shaped soaps, like the cupcakes and other foodie type ones, I like my soaps to be soap shaped. I'm fine with a shaped top like yours, though, as long as it fits into my hands OK.

Last edited:
I second Obsidian's thoughts. I can't use soaps with that kind of texture on the tops, I find them almost a little sharp on my skin, probably just a weird personal thing and I'm sure most people wouldn't find it a problem! They're really gorgeous, though!

Back