Would This Formula Need Poly-20?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanescentowl

Reaction score
I found a new bubble bath base, but it's a little different from what I am used to, so I am not sure if it would require something else before adding color or fragrance like poly-20.

base formula is: Water/Eau, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Oats, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol

thanks for your input! I am also going to experiment with adding Shea-50 to see if it makes a good moisturizing bath.

Ask the supplier.
Most bases only need color and fragrance added, as everything else is already added. Also with most bases if you do add something (other than color and fragrance) it can only be up to a certain % and that % is usually so low it won't make much of a difference if it's added or not.

The other thing to keep in mind is the base as supplied has the correct amount of preservative for good results. If you add a lot of other stuff to it, the preservative will not function as effectively. So I second jcandleattic -- it's wise to know what the supplier or manufacturer recommends.

Back