would this be possible?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapmakingaddict

Reaction score
my first real post here and im looking for some advice on making a new bar of soap with what i hope will be a lovely smell.

i plan on using this free sample i recently got in the post http://www.gratisfaction.co.uk/cosmetics/free-nina-ricci-perfume/

By using this I am wondering if the smell will be too strong as its a perfume or actually how much i should consider using, i got a 10ml vial of it so how much should i add per bar of soap, I dont really want to test it as I dont have much of it if it goes wrong.

i hope someone has done something like it before and will be able to help :)

I agree with the others -- perfume is not suitable for soap due to the alcohol and because it is not formulated for use in soap. Even if it was, a mere 10 mL of perfume would only be enough to scent a single normal sized bar. I think you are better off to just use it as perfume!

Perfume isn't out of the question in soap, but not in CP and probably not HP. The soap should be previously saponified, and if it's added to hot soap the soap should be liquid so the perfume mixes right in and doesn't evaporate. In other words, if you want to experiment you can try your favorite perfume in transparent or liquid soap.

Sorry soapmakingaddict. I haven't tried that and how much smell you need exactly depends on your taste of smell. Hope you get tips from somebody who have already tried it.

Back