would someone like to share lotion bar receipe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heart of dixie soap co

Reaction score
i live in the south where things are hot, humid and sticky. i'd like to put this in a tube because i travel a lot. i've tried a couple, but i usually end up too oily, but my skin is so rough and dry in places.

thanks a bunch,

monet

You said your LB ends up oily what are you making? Here is my favorite
but you will have to tweak and work it to your liking.
4oz apricot kernal oil
2oz beeswax
2oz cocoa butter
2oz shea butter

lotion bar

i had some palm oil, beeswax and olive oil. comparing yours, i see you used lighter oil. i definitely didnt like the palm. i'll try this when i get home this weekend.

thanks a bunch!

monet

I really like using grapeseed oil in lotion bars. I find it is absorbed well by the skin. I generally use 1 oz shea, 1 oz mango, 1 oz cocoa, 1 oz beeswax and 1.5-2 oz grapeseed. Good luck!

Re: lotion bar

heart of dixie soap co said:
i had some palm oil, beeswax and olive oil. comparing yours, i see you used lighter oil. i definitely didnt like the palm. i'll try this when i get home this weekend.

thanks a bunch!

monet

No problem! You can also use sweet almond oil.

Tabitha said:
You can add a bit of corn starch, etc to cut the grease.

I use a bit of Tapioca Pure in my whipped shea butter. Works great for cutting the greasiness.

lotion bar receipe

tried a little of all your suggestions, and what a difference! thanks a bunch! still need a little r & d, but i'm on the right track! tried a little dry-flow -f.n.w.l. left a nice smooth, non-greasy feel. used shea butter, jojoba and evening primrose oil. boy, my skin just soaked it up!

i'm a happy camper!

monet

Back