Would like to reduce CO, need feedback

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzimm

Reaction score
I am thinking about entering the May GC Soap Challenge, and was going to do a test batch of their suggested "slow mover" recipe, below.
The thing is, I'd really like to reduce the amount of CO called for in the recipe to maybe somewhere around 10-20%, but definitely don't want to screw up the pour. Any suggestions for substitutions?
Thank you in advance.....

image.jpg

You can drop it to whatever level you prefer and either add it to the lard or the avocado or the olive. I would add 5% castor, and the rest to my avocado personally.

You can drop it to whatever level you prefer and either add it to the lard or the avocado or the olive. I would add 5% castor, and the rest to my avocado personally.

Thanks kchaystack! I've always used castor oil before, but saw on both soapqueen and soapnuts (among other online comments) that it can accelerate trace - have you experienced that at all?

It can, but 5% should not be too bad. More than that can cause trouble. All the other oils are slow to trace.

Latest posts

Back