Would it be possible to make nutella soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misfities

Reaction score
I've tried melt and pour with some different additives, but I've never tried with anything the consistency of nutella. Want to try to make it for a friend. Any advice? Theoretically, it seems like it wouldn't turn out that great :-(

It seems like I remember reading blog posts about people using peanut butter in soap, but CP, not MP (w/MP if you add too much of anything it is a problem.) You might want to google for PB in CP, but keep in mind - if giving it to anyone other than this one friend - that lots of people have severe nut allergies, the anaphylactic shock kind.

Ditto what not_ally said. Putting foodie additives in MP is just asking for trouble. In CP, it's no problem (as long as the food is pureed well), because of the lye reaction and higher pH, but in MP, it's a whole 'nuther story. Personally, I would just give your friend a bar of soap that's been scented with a Nutella-like FO, with a jar of Nutella on the side. Or better yet- just give me the Nutella. ;)

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back