Would customers like bars this large?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I certainly do like them aab1!

I love big bars, I hate small ones.

Cool, because I have molds for 3 bar sizes and would rather sell only 2 sizes. The small ones have the major advantage of costing up to 6 times less to ship than larger bars due to their smaller thickness.

I was hesitating between selling only small and medium or small and large, or even all three sizes. I think I'll go with small and large, especially since the medium ones are another brand and strange proportions.

Thanks

Last edited:
Personally, I find that bars of 1.25 inches thick are too large for my smaller hands. I have a hard time holding them when they're lathered up, and I keep dropping them on my toes, ouch. I much prefer closer to an inch thick. No thinner than an inch, either. For me, the sweet spot is just slightly over one inch.

You probably know your customer base best. Pass out some test bars and do a survey. Or do a search here. this has been asked before and you might find more answers. In my case I agree with Pailo.

These are only slightly thicker than the standard 1x3.5x2.5 Many people prefer a slightly thicker bar as it feels like a good value for the money. Others find them difficult to handle as commented above.

Why not buy a couple of molds to try out and see what kind of reception you get? You could also not fill them to the very top and then you've got a standard sized bar.

If you are shipping I highly rec the priority flat rate envelope. You can get serious bang for your buck with them and weight doesnt matter. Just a thought .

There are a few people who like really big cakes of soap that the rest of us would find clumsy, and there are some people who show themselves on YouTube slicing fancy ordinary-size soaps into much smaller pieces than they were sold as.

If you are shipping from home or office, look into getting regional rate A boxes. THey are as big as medium flat rates but ship for less. Depends some on the weight but even 8 pounds ships for $8 and change, I believe.

Latest posts

Back