SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Sapwn

Reaction score
I certainly do like them aab1!

I love big bars, I hate small ones.

aab1

Reaction score
Cool, because I have molds for 3 bar sizes and would rather sell only 2 sizes. The small ones have the major advantage of costing up to 6 times less to ship than larger bars due to their smaller thickness.

I was hesitating between selling only small and medium or small and large, or even all three sizes. I think I'll go with small and large, especially since the medium ones are another brand and strange proportions.

Thanks

Last edited:

paillo

Reaction score
Personally, I find that bars of 1.25 inches thick are too large for my smaller hands. I have a hard time holding them when they're lathered up, and I keep dropping them on my toes, ouch. I much prefer closer to an inch thick. No thinner than an inch, either. For me, the sweet spot is just slightly over one inch.

sistrum

Reaction score
You probably know your customer base best. Pass out some test bars and do a survey. Or do a search here. this has been asked before and you might find more answers. In my case I agree with Pailo.

judymoody

Reaction score
These are only slightly thicker than the standard 1x3.5x2.5 Many people prefer a slightly thicker bar as it feels like a good value for the money. Others find them difficult to handle as commented above.

Why not buy a couple of molds to try out and see what kind of reception you get? You could also not fill them to the very top and then you've got a standard sized bar.

jennikate

Reaction score
If you are shipping I highly rec the priority flat rate envelope. You can get serious bang for your buck with them and weight doesnt matter. Just a thought .

Robert

Reaction score
There are a few people who like really big cakes of soap that the rest of us would find clumsy, and there are some people who show themselves on YouTube slicing fancy ordinary-size soaps into much smaller pieces than they were sold as.

hlee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like them. Better to big than to little.:grin:

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
If you are shipping from home or office, look into getting regional rate A boxes. THey are as big as medium flat rates but ship for less. Depends some on the weight but even 8 pounds ships for $8 and change, I believe.