Would any of these profiles jump out at you?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltwater Scented

Reaction score
Test Pilot Series.jpg
I've been tinkering with recipes for a few weeks since moving from Phoenix, AZ to Rockport, TX. Now have myself a source of natural saltwater, if I get around to using it.

I put together this spreadsheet showing a baker's dozen soap profiles I dreamed up. All are running 90% NaOH and 10% KOH because that's the theme, and have a superfat running between 8% and 10% due to higher CO to bump up the lather. The one's with the yellow filler on the cell with bolded red text I've already made.

The first Test Pilot with the Stearic+Palmitic of 13 was predictably sloooooooow to harden up to take out of the mold even with sodium lactate thrown in at 1 tsp ppo. Being a quarter mile from the bay and predictably high humidity didn't help.

That said, do any of these look particularly interesting? Is there enough variation that I'll be able to tell Test Pilot 3 from Six by Five 1.0 in a blind test? The plan is to make probably half of them, heck probably most of them, just for the fun of it. View attachment 43248

Latest posts

Back