Worst fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I
Geranium EO. I purchased a small quantity at a health food store awhile back (which I don’t typically do, but it was a small amount I wanted to blend with other EOs in a body oil spray and I was too anxious to wait) and the pungent smell blew me away. Thought it was old and blamed myself for buying “off the rack.” Recently, purchased another small amount from BB. Opened it, so excited, then gagged. Guess it’s just me.
I am with you on that one. Not a fan of Geranium ☺

Anyone whos ever been to amsterdam knows what skunk smells like plus i often smell it when out and about. Also i did used to smoke it but havnt touched it for nearly 10 years now but still love the smell, cig smoke makes me feel sick though. Stopped smoking pot when i got caught by police and could of lost my job and emded up in court with a criminal conviction if i got caught again. Dont know what its like in america but they put markers on cars when they have stuff like that found in them so i kept getting pulled over until i sold that car.
In the Midwest it is called Stinkweed. It smells absolutely awful-like a skunk! How do I know this fascinating fact you may ask? We have a granddaughter who, sadly is both bipolar and an addict. I smelled this awful smell one day last year when I picked her up from an apt. She was sharing with friends. When I asked her what the odor was, she filled me in. If you have ever smelled Skunk Cabbage, you will have gotten an inkling of the odor.

First off - I'm laughing sooooo hard! "skunk weed" and all... and, and, just too funny!
@jcandleattic - I react like that to lavender, also. Made some soap for my DIL. Sent her all the soap and the EO bottle too! lol

I can't stand BB Relaxing. It may have lavender in it! :nonono:

Edit: So I just looked on their web site and yep! I should have looked more closely, rather then just ordering it on the advice of a friend! lol "A relaxing blend of French Lavender and Fir Pine, enhanced with Egyptian Jasmine and sweetened with pure Vanilla, softened with delicate Musks. " So, I have a 4 oz bottle of it up for grabs!

As soapmaker's all know, everybody's nose is different. I love geranium in a proper mix. I use Lavender, Geranium and Clary Sage. I call it Flowers and Leaves. A favourite of my MIL, daughter, aunt, myself and a few customers, but sells very poorly so I stopped making it. Most people must agree with you geranium haters.

As soapmaker's all know, everybody's nose is different. I love geranium in a proper mix. I use Lavender, Geranium and Clary Sage. I call it Flowers and Leaves. A favourite of my MIL, daughter, aunt, myself and a few customers, but sells very poorly so I stopped making it. Most people must agree with you geranium haters.

Perhaps I need to explore this idea more closely and try it in different blends. I know I barely tolerate Patchouli alone, but when blended with ginger or orange, I can’t get enough of it.

<blush> most of our furniture is either from Ikea or second-hand. Or, second-hand Ikea. Or, got it at the curbside (sometimes Ikea). Not even sure I'd know which part of my furniture to wax! :p

The part you want your cats to slide off when they come tearing across the room and jump on it?

Assuming you have cats.......

I once tried to get "roasting Hatch green chiles" created in a fragrance oil (fellow New Mexicans get me! I'm a former New Mexican now though...). The sample I got smelled just like I opened a can of Hormel chili lol I did not pursue it any farther.

geranium is kinda hard to work with.My recent take on geranium is to simulate th COKE scent.
It goes like 2 lime 1 geranium. Thats really lovely

Nature’s Oil Honey smells like mildew to me. Another of my not so favorite scents is Fragrance Buddy’s knock off of champagne snow showers, they call it chardonnay bath. It is overwhelmingly floral if I had to assign a scent to it. It reminds me of my great aunt, God rest her soul. The woman loved her strong fragrances!

Goat Milk and Honey from WSP. I couldn't stand it and ended up throwing the bottle away. I do have their Oatmeal, Milk and Honey which smells fantastic but this one? Ewww
Yes, a thousand times YES!!! This FO was soooo bad! I accidentally got some on my fingers when I first opened the bottle and this vile scent stuck around for hours...I couldn't wash it off!!! It went in the trash bin (outside - double-bagged) the same day I got it. :eek:

Was it goaty smelling? I've noticed that I don't care for a most goat milk cheeses because I get that goat taste/smell. Sheep milk, OTOH, DIVINE.
Nope, not goaty smelling; I actually love goat milk cheese! It was a vile, sickly-sweet, nauseating scent.

Perhaps I need to explore this idea more closely and try it in different blends. I know I barely tolerate Patchouli alone, but when blended with ginger or orange, I can’t get enough of it.
Try patchouli with spearmint, it’s called hippy mint lol. I don’t love patchouli either but I love this blend!

Bourbon pumpkin from WSP. Nasty!! It smells like a dollar store thanksgiving candle. Strong, sweet, burnt smell. Awful!!

Without a doubt and no contest - Coconut from Mile High Soaps. Pure evil in a bottle. It reeked a foul stench as soon as it hit my soap batter and never got better during cure. I tried to use it up in bath bombs - even those acted goofy and smelled like chemicals. If you ever drive through Deer Park (Houston area with lots of chemical refineries) - you'll experience just some of the gag inducing aroma that came from my soaping room and then garage after I chunked the whole mess out.

Latest posts

Back