Worried about my soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smellynewbie

Reaction score
Hi guys I made a batch on the 15th June
I used soapqueen basic lard recipe and today day 4 I still feel it's too soft to un mold it's the first time this happened to me normally I un mold on day 2 anyone know why ? Ty

Did you insulate or is the weather doing funky things right now? (Or are you in the same climate as Washington state?)

I've found I need to keep soap in the mold days longer if I use a soap queen recipe just due to weather conditions.

Hi guys I made a batch on the 15th June
I used soapqueen basic lard recipe and today day 4 I still feel it's too soft to un mold it's the first time this happened to me normally I un mold on day 2 anyone know why ? Ty

Please post your recipe, including water amount. Also, did you use any fragrances - and which one?

I make high lard soaps, don't gel, and its not uncommon for me to wait several days before I can cut especially if I use a fragrance that slow/reverses trace.

Thanks guys I will post the recipe tomorrow when I can get my book
It's very sticky and soft. I do remember the only thing I did different was to put it in the fridge for a good half day first time I've ever done that The loaf is soft but the left over batter I put into smaller molds have hardened a lot more but still soft ish

If this is unusual for the recipe you use, it sounds like you might have just slowed down the saponification process by refrigerating it. Don't lose hope yet!

You put it in the fridge to prevent gel? When my soaps don't gel the same thing happens to me. My record is 5 days so far.

If you used full water and did not gel then your soap will be soft and sticky for days. Just be patient and it will harden up.

Latest posts

Back