World's Ugliest Soap -- Rebatch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorpheusPA

Reaction score
This has to be in the running for World's Ugliest Soap. Stearic spots, the Blue #1 did warp to the correct purple hue, but didn't disperse well before I was hitting thick trace. Partial gel reached to the edge so it's inconsistently white and opacity varies. The edge broke when I unmolded it (it was already ugly, so no matter).

Rebatch tomorrow evening. On the up side, it doesn't zap, and it should rebatch to a nice faint purple. I hope.

IMG_0430.jpg

Nope. I'll grant you "not what I was going for".

:)

I missed what I was going for on almost every point. I did get the scent right, though!

I'm still going with Seriously Ugly. It's cut apart now and in the pot with appropriate water, to steep for the next eighteen hours or so before I rebatch.

Naturally, this means I get to work with lavender scent twice. I hate lavender, but one of my friends won't use anything else.

You def havent seen my pine tar soap with its zombie teeth :p

Yours is far from the ugliest, lol

Maybe I should turn that down to "Ugliest Soap I Have Ever Produced," including the potscrubber soap where the color turned gray, I didn't discount water enough, I got massive ash, and I cut it late and it shattered.

'Course, it was kitchen/gardener's soap, so I really didn't care. This was to be a Christmas present. Now, not so much.

(Maybe it's a guy thing, but I'd use your soap. Really, any soap that looks like meat or meat by-products would be completely acceptable.)

That is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time!:lol:

You def havent seen my pine tar soap with its zombie teeth :p

Yours is far from the ugliest, lol

I totally wanted to bring that up.
I think you must have destroyed the ugly yang side of your soaping chi with the zombie soap and that's why all your others are so pretty with your yin side of soap.

OK, so the rebatch is kind of a fail as well--I haven't taken photos yet, but it's almost cream colored, and very rough.

I guess my next and final step is either to let it be and give it out randomly as "aesthetic failures," or just make soap balls out of it.

Actually, I like both. The brown is very earthy and restful. The colors look attractively patchwork, kind of Partridge Family Bus-like.

I guess we're our own worst critics.

Thank you, I think you right. Because I love to see a nice colourful and swirly. As a newbie I am still practising.

The appearance of rebatched soap is why I learned to make confetti soap and why I use grated bar soap to kick start trace on liquid soap batches. I will do a lot to avoid another rebatch.

Latest posts

Back