Workshops

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oriole k

Reaction score
Hi all, Soapmaking is just in the conceptual phase for me. Are there any workshops around (I live in western Virginia). Or is it possible to learn from a book!
Thanks

Not sure about the workshops, but read past posts on this site and see if your library carries the "Everything Soapmaking Book." That should get you started. :)

Jude

heyjude said:
Not sure about the workshops, but read past posts on this site and see if your library carries the "Everything Soapmaking Book." That should get you started. :)

Jude

I agree. That was my first book and it will give you a good start. Another good one is "Smart Soapmaking" by Anne Watson. Her style is very no fuss (except where safety is concerned) and her recipes make excellent soap! :)

Hi Oreole and welcome!

I'm new here too and still haven't made my first batch of soap.
But I have purchased Anne L Watson's "Smart Soapmaking" from Amazon, based on the excellent reviews there. And I really like it! No fuss and she's writing in a very encouraging way, just what I needed!
When I started reading about CP soap it just seemed like... difficult and dangerous and somewhat mysterious chemistry to me and I just felt ovrwhelmed and too scared to try. But with Anne's help I'm now sure that I can do it! :)

The only thing I don't like about the book is that there are no photos of the soaps that are listed in it, but apart from that it's excellent!

Hey Oriole! I'm in NoVa, if your ever up my way I would be happy to make soap with you.

Welcome!

Back