Workshop Heritage soap cutter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received my 16" single wire soap cutter today and in trying to attach the handle, I found that the handle won't slide down into the slot it's intended to go in. I can budge the two sides of the slot with my fingers to get it to begin to go in, but then it hits the extra plastic that sticks out where the wire channel is. I have an email in to WH but I'm wondering if I'm supposed to maybe force that opening further with a tool? Has anyone bought one recently and had to fudge the opening? If so, did it make your sides crooked and the arm wobble?

You shouldn't fudge or force anything. Give WH time to respond or call them.

If I understand you correctly, it sounds like the little plastic bolt sleeve has moved a bit; it should not be in the way of putting in your cutter arm. Definitely don't force it, and definitely wait to hear back from them. Hopefully they will respond during the holiday weekend - it's so hard to wait to use our new soap tools!

They responded and told me I have to pry the white blocks farther apart, so I did. The videos I watched on YouTube didn’t show that having to be done, theirs just slid in nice and neat. I feel like my white blocks have one side kind of slanted, but it’s late, my eyes are tired, and the lighting in here isn’t that great. Hopefully I’ll get time to make soap tomorrow so I can play with it 😀

Attachments

• 54D4B036-1F2D-4453-A2D4-158D73852895.jpeg
    54D4B036-1F2D-4453-A2D4-158D73852895.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 22
  • B9C1DB15-9992-4CAB-84F7-0F9B5AC09F95.jpeg
    B9C1DB15-9992-4CAB-84F7-0F9B5AC09F95.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 23
  • FullSizeRender.mov
    11.2 MB
Take good pictures to send to them before you try forcing or sanding any of the parts. I had a problem with a WH mold, and until I sent pictures, they were obviously not believing what I was telling them. Once they saw the picture, they resolved the problem - or at least tried to.

The extra material on the arm. Seems to be causing the problem. You shouldn't have to. But can you sand this flush??
i don’t want to sand it because I’m not sure if it would make that area less stable or more prone to breakage. I’ll use it and see how it goes before I do anything else

Take good pictures to send to them before you try forcing or sanding any of the parts. I had a problem with a WH mold, and until I sent pictures, they were obviously not believing what I was telling them. Once they saw the picture, they resolved the problem - or at least tried to.

I did send them a picture of the extra sticking out and the video, and that was when they told me to push the white pieces apart.

As long as it cuts straight, I’ll be okay with it. Like I said, the videos I’d seen, all older, slid in smooth so I wondered if all the newer ones were harder to get in after some change they made.

Back