Woot! New 'Photo Studio' pics.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is more to show my new 'studio' than my soap.
The 'studio' was a dining chair in front of a window, draped with a black dress of mine. I got the idea off @IrishLass' profile pic - where she has a black background.
The first two pics are of my 'Eve's Garden' type swirl. I shall call it Spring Garden. I used 45% OO to allow more working time and a more fluid batter
The second lots of pics are Lime, Basil and Mandarin soap with oatmilk - hence the rustic appearance.
IMG_5828.jpeg
IMG_5831.jpeg
IMG_5839.jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5844.jpeg

Truly inspirational, KM! Thanks for sharing. :)

But (with my critical eye, there's always a "but") the lime, basil, mandarin looks more like a "Turquoise Sea at Sunset" to my eye. The addition of bright green basil and bright orange mandarin fight with the softer, and prettier, actual colors of the soap. I think you see that too. (?)

The soaps are lovely and the black background really makes them pop! I'm going to have to try that. I made a light box for myself to improve my pictures, but they are still not great. The black might make a difference.

Oh my! How professional looking! The soaps are absolutely gorgeous and your photography enhances their beauty. I wish I had even a soap shred of your talent!!!

Latest posts

Back